Looking for Motherboard CPU bundle

Greg

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

All,
Don't want to start any long battles but I'm looking for a good
motherboard and CPU bundle to OC. I'm working on a budget so the best
value for the dollars is what I'm looking for.

Thanks for the help

Greg

Greg

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Pretty Cool but I'm still not sure which Motherboards are inexpensive
but still good quality

Greg

Armadillo wrote:
> greg wrote:
>
>> All,
>> Don't want to start any long battles but I'm looking for a good
>> motherboard and CPU bundle to OC. I'm working on a budget so the best
>> value for the dollars is what I'm looking for.
>>
>> Thanks for the help
>>
>> Greg
>>
> take a look at this :
> http://www.unleash.co.nz/computers/computers_customise.asp

What type of bundle?AMD64,AMD XP,Intel P4,P4 extreme?I could go on. But,for
a nice budget system try the AMD Sempron 3100(socket 754) with the Chaintech
VNF3-250(Nvidia Nforce 3 chipset). You can get both for around $200
"greg" <greggail@takethisout.starpower.andthis.com> wrote in message
> Pretty Cool but I'm still not sure which Motherboards are inexpensive
> but still good quality
>
> Greg
>
> Armadillo wrote:
> > greg wrote:
> >
> >> All,
> >> Don't want to start any long battles but I'm looking for a good
> >> motherboard and CPU bundle to OC. I'm working on a budget so the best
> >> value for the dollars is what I'm looking for.
> >>
> >> Thanks for the help
> >>
> >> Greg
> >>
> > take a look at this :
> > http://www.unleash.co.nz/computers/computers_customise.asp

Greg

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Actually this is what I found and I'm leaning towards --

Motherboard - ASUS Model P4P800-VM, P4, DDR400
Memory - 2 x 256 = 512
CPU - Celeron 2.4 ghz

I think for about $300 (Still need to check around for better price)

Will this set up overclock?

Greg

dawg wrote:
> What type of bundle?AMD64,AMD XP,Intel P4,P4 extreme?I could go on. But,for
> a nice budget system try the AMD Sempron 3100(socket 754) with the Chaintech
> VNF3-250(Nvidia Nforce 3 chipset). You can get both for around $200
> "greg" <greggail@takethisout.starpower.andthis.com> wrote in message
>
>>Pretty Cool but I'm still not sure which Motherboards are inexpensive
>>but still good quality
>>
>>Greg
>>
>>Armadillo wrote:

>>>take a look at this :
>>>http://www.unleash.co.nz/computers/computers_customise.asp

Try buying AMD Athlon 64 on 754 socket and EPoX 8KDA3+