Newbie just built arcade.

I just constructed a mame arcade using X-Arcade controller, mame32
interface.

Many games work well, but sometimes no button seems to satisfy an input
need, and I'm wondering what I'm missing.

For example, using v95, a game called Puzzle de Bowling from Japan shows
Continue? on the screen, when one piles up pins past the lower line, but no
response seems to amount to a YES.

1. Is this the right group to pose questions on such. If not, is there a
better place?

2. Any answer to the specific problem?

Steve

On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 12:17:26 +0000, Steve Rosen said to the parser:

> For example, using v95, a game called Puzzle de Bowling from Japan shows
> Continue? on the screen, when one piles up pins past the lower line, but
> no response seems to amount to a YES.
>
> 1. Is this the right group to pose questions on such. If not, is there a
> better place?
>
> 2. Any answer to the specific problem?

Two things to try...

Have you got credits in the machine? You can't continue unless you "pay"
another quarter, by hitting '5'.

If you have credits, hitting P1 start ('1' by default) will usually make
the game continue.

--
Michael Coyne
http://turthalion.blogspot.com

Troy

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2003

Try pressing 'TAB' while the game is loaded to bring up the
configuration menu, then select either 'Input (this Game') or 'Input
(general)' to wiew and change the keyboard & controller mappings.

You should be able to reconfigure any games buttons as required.

Troy.