ASUS P4P800VM

Greg

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I have an ond system ABIT BH1 with a 566 OCed to 850 so I'm thinking its
time to upgrade.

Quick question, Was wondering if you can overclock the ASUS P4P800VM
motherboard?

THanks,
Greg

greg wrote:
> I have an ond system ABIT BH1 with a 566 OCed to 850 so I'm thinking its
> time to upgrade.

I'm guessing you mean a BH6. If so you could also go for a last gasp with a
tualatin sloket and 1.3 gig tualatin celeron. The raw Mhz increase combined
with the 256k L2 cache, like a P-III, instead of your current celeron's
128k L2 cache would just about double the effective speed.

You could overclock the 1.3 gig to 1.456@112 FSB but the regulators run
very hot that way and can fail if the ambient temp gets warm so I'd suggest
staying with 1.3 gig.

> Quick question, Was wondering if you can overclock the ASUS P4P800VM
> motherboard?

Can't help ya there. I just don't know.