Router or Modem-Router?

Hi,

I was wondering whether it was advisable to go for a DSL router with an
integrated modem or just a DSL router which would "sit" behind the existing
DSL modem. Can anyone explain the pros and cons ?

Thanks

--
Peter
------------------------

    "Pete Kennedy" <peterkennedy@nahhhh.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
    Og2nuU3WFHA.1404@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I was wondering whether it was advisable to go for a DSL router with an
    > integrated modem or just a DSL router which would "sit" behind the
    existing
    > DSL modem. Can anyone explain the pros and cons ?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > --
    > Peter
    > ------------------------

    Hmm, answering my own question, I think I need a router with an integrated
    modem because the existing modem is USB and if I understand rightly, DSL
    routers don't have a USB plug !

    Peter

    Hi

    Ignoring the price component, it is better to go with External Ethernet
    Modem and a Stand alone Cable/DSL Router.

    The Router part of the Modem/Router combos is not as good as a stand alone
    Router, and using a combo reduces your future flexibility (like if you would
    like to go Wireless it get cumbersome and more expensive to add Wireless).

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Pete Kennedy" <peterkennedy@nahhhh.com> wrote in message

    > "Pete Kennedy" <peterkennedy@nahhhh.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
    > Og2nuU3WFHA.1404@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > I was wondering whether it was advisable to go for a DSL router with an
    > > integrated modem or just a DSL router which would "sit" behind the
    > existing
    > > DSL modem. Can anyone explain the pros and cons ?
    > >
    > > Thanks
    > >
    > > --
    > > Peter
    > >

    > Hmm, answering my own question, I think I need a router with an integrated
    > modem because the existing modem is USB and if I understand rightly, DSL
    > routers don't have a USB plug !
    >
    > Peter

Routers DSL Modem Wireless Networking