iPaq Navigation System Update - Report

August 2, 2004 8:06:41 AM

I've updated to the latest version application that was just released. New maps are nicer but a terrible hit on performance.

The application is so slow it's crazy. They've basically ruined it. Clicking menu items while the gps is tracking there are horrible delays.

I'm using a 3950 iPaq and have tried maps on board and on SD card and no difference.

Bob
Anonymous
August 4, 2004 6:25:38 PM

An update to this post ...

I installed the new software on a 5150 iPaq (Windows Mobile 2003) and it runs reasonably well.

So ... it appears the application has received some tweaks to take advantage of Windows Mobile 2003. You might want to side step the upgrade however if you're running on a 3900 series iPaq or less. It's painfully slow.

Bob

!