General RAM compatibility question

Hi,

I have a P-4 with hyperthreading and an MSI motherboard that supports
800Mhz FSB

I have two Nanya 256Mb RAM sticks that are PC3200 with cas 3-3-3-8
according to CPU-Z and the BIOS
The FSB is at 200Mhz (effective 800Mhz) according to CPUZ and the BIOS

Unfortunately I can’t get the Nanya RAM anymore and I am wondering if I
add the following:
http://www.kustompcs.co.uk/acatalog/info_5233.html

Crucial PC3200 DIMM 256mb
Crucial PC3200 CAS3 RAM, for use in DDR Based systems at up to 200Mhz FSB.

Whether this will be compatible (with 3-3-3-8) timing and also allow me
to keep my 800Mhz front side bus?

Dino

I had 2 matching sticks of OCZPC3200EL-256 on an Asus A7N8X-DLX...added a
3rd stick of supposedly same...nothing but grief. In the long run bought
Corsair Twinx PC3200-1024 C2PT. What a diff...stability and the capabilty to
OC ...and this is base set of ram..so may not help but my 2 cents
worth....just buy new ram and go 1 gig.

"ofn01" <netusr@internet.not> wrote in message

" Unfortunately I can’t get the Nanya RAM anymore and I am wondering if I
add the following: http://www.kustompcs.co.uk/acatalog/info_5233.html "

Why not buy 2x 512MB? Either auction your Nanya RAM at www.ebay.co.uk , or
put them up for offer in 'uk.adverts.computers'.

Cuzman wrote:
> "ofn01" <netusr@internet.not> wrote in message
>
> " Unfortunately I can’t get the Nanya RAM anymore and I am wondering if I
> add the following: http://www.kustompcs.co.uk/acatalog/info_5233.html "
>

> Why not buy 2x 512MB? Either auction your Nanya RAM at www.ebay.co.uk , or
> put them up for offer in 'uk.adverts.computers'.

Cheers for the heads up on the newsgroup!
IM still in two minds about what to do - it would be much easier if
motherboards just supported four dimms at the speed they're rated for!
(mine says it does - then at the end of the manual says that you're best
off going for two sticks at ddr400 fsb800!)

It's always good to read the fine print in the MoBo manual. Mine said
it supported 3Gb of PC2700( :cry: ) RAM and when I got it and checked
it out; it turned out ot be 2Gb of PC2700 and 1Gb of PC2100. :evil: