Overclocking A64 4000+ advice

Last response: in Overclocking
Share
March 8, 2005 8:59:41 PM

Hi all,

My setup

AMD A64 4000+ (SH7-CG) (10.5 x 250mhz)
Asus A8N - SLi Deluxe
2 x 512mb CMX512-3200ZL (Corsair TwinX) (477mhz 2 x 238.6)
2 x XFX GF6800 GT pci-e (400/1100)
Win XP Pro (SP1)
Coolermaster aquagate watercooler for cpu (idle 33 C / load 40 C)

What is the best method to gain the fastest overclock from above? At the
monment I have not changed CPU / DDR voltage and all is running rock solid
after testing. At current setting the CPU frequency is at its limit before
problems and need advice on my best option. Do I lower CPU frequency and
notch up multiplier or leave frequency and notch up multiplier and increase
CPU voltage (to what?)? I'm not greatly familiar with the CPU frequency
adjustment but am I correct in assuming its the HT / FSB?

Cheers and tia
March 19, 2005 10:10:18 AM

Raise the FSB till you get unstable, then back down a notch. Raise voltage
for more stable OC... I suggest reading articles on how to do it

!