Mortal Kombat 4

Help! I've downloaded the rom from several sources and none of them work, it
always stops when attempting to read the "zeus chip" Are there any working
MK4's?

On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 01:08:07 +0000, Smooth Operator wrote:

> Help! I've downloaded the rom from several sources and none of them work,
> it always stops when attempting to read the "zeus chip" Are there any
> working MK4's?

Which part of "This game does not work properly" (on the initial screen)
did you not understand?

innocent_lamb wrote:
> On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 01:08:07 +0000, Smooth Operator wrote:
>

>>Help! I've downloaded the rom from several sources and none of them work,
>>it always stops when attempting to read the "zeus chip" Are there any
>>working MK4's?
>

> Which part of "This game does not work properly" (on the initial screen)
> did you not understand?

'does not work properly' == 'does not work at all' (to a non-programmer) <G>

--
Thnik about it!
Deadly_Dad

Noctilio@Megarian.berascalb.sr
ossicular@waneless.lopsidedlyb.gov
kanat@ouabaink.com
satinite@gildablen.pl
electroencephalogram@petitgrains.sk

Which part of "are there any working mk4's" don't you understand?

"innocent_lamb" <nospam@example.com> wrote in message
> On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 01:08:07 +0000, Smooth Operator wrote:
>
>> Help! I've downloaded the rom from several sources and none of them work,
>> it always stops when attempting to read the "zeus chip" Are there any
>> working MK4's?
>
> Which part of "This game does not work properly" (on the initial screen)
> did you not understand?

Smooth Operator's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through
his body were:
> "innocent_lamb" <nospam@example.com> wrote in message
>> On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 01:08:07 +0000, Smooth Operator wrote:
>>> Help! I've downloaded the rom from several sources and none of them work,
>>> it always stops when attempting to read the "zeus chip" Are there any
>>> working MK4's?
>> Which part of "This game does not work properly" (on the initial screen)
>> did you not understand?
> Which part of "are there any working mk4's" don't you understand?

None you dumbass. If there were working copies, there wouldn't be a
warning that it wasnt working before you played.

sinner

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

* Smooth Operator wrote in alt.games.mame:
> Which part of "are there any working mk4's" don't you understand?

The ROM is not providing that message, MAME is. You can download every
ROM on the net and that message wont change until you fix the code.

So, as you've already been told, perhaps less subtly, NO, there aren't.
--
David
The bigger the theory the better.

Sune Salminen's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his
body were:
> Hellmark wrote:
>> Smooth Operator's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged
>> through his body were:
> /snip
>>> Which part of "are there any working mk4's" don't you understand
>> None you dumbass. If there were working copies, there wouldn't be a
>> warning that it wasnt working before you played.
> There are many, many emulated games where the parent set has the 'this
> game does not work properly' message and their clone sets does not.
> Of course this is not the case for any game on Midway Zeus Hardware.

Still, shouldn't get snotty when asking for help, especially if he was
warned first. While alot of stuff does have that warning, still, he should
have taken its notice.