Overclocking AMD Sempron 3100+ E3 Core

"Guy Gordon" <gordon@NOSPAMwhite-crane.com> wrote in message
news:jq4c51l9u63e005usp9oihg3a0v350bm53@4ax.com...
> Anybody tried this yet. Anybody else planning to, like me?
>
> Another Gift to Overclockers: AMD Sempron 3100+ on E3 Core Revision
> http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/cpu/print/sempron-3100e.html

Anybody know a vendor that discloses the core of its Semprons?

Cuzman <cuzNOSPAM@supanet.com> wrote:

>Don W. McCollough wrote:
>" Anybody know a vendor that discloses the core of its Semprons? "
>
>www.newegg.com
>Sempron 3100+ Paris http://tinyurl.com/5nyt7 $113.00
>Sempron 3100+ Palermo http://tinyurl.com/3prvp $118.00

Yes, they do disclose the core, and model number.
Unfortunately, none of these is the E3 core.
The Sempron 3100 E3 core is 90nm Palermo with model number ending in BO.
These with model BA are the slightly older D core.
They do not have the SSE3 instructions, and the new memory controler.
They are unlikely to overclock like the E3 used in the article I posted a link
to.