Ink leak with HP 950C and 970Cxi

Hi all,

I have 2 Printers at work: HP 950C and a 970Cxi. Both started leaking
black ink out of a sudden. This happened on two different occasions.
The printers weren't standing next to each other. The leak occurred
while both printers were "resting" meaning not while printing
something. Both printers use only original HP cartridges. The printers
weren't tempered with prior to this incident - no one tried to open
them, disassemble them, rock them or tilt them etc. The whole area
under the ink cartridges if full of ink, which flowed rather fast to
the whole bottom of the printer (since no one noticed this internal
leak until ink actually spilled out of the printer).

Does anyone know anything about this? I looked at the ink cartridges
and it look rather naïve (no broken parts, no access ink on the head's
area…)

I will be thank full for every answer, Dekers

behemothkind@hotmail.com (Noam Dekers) wrote in message news:<dfabad81.0408100139.5ce42b@posting.google.com>...
> Hi all,
>
> I have 2 Printers at work: HP 950C and a 970Cxi. Both started leaking
> black ink out of a sudden. This happened on two different occasions.
> The printers weren't standing next to each other. The leak occurred
> while both printers were "resting" meaning not while printing
> something. Both printers use only original HP cartridges. The printers
> weren't tempered with prior to this incident - no one tried to open
> them, disassemble them, rock them or tilt them etc. The whole area
> under the ink cartridges if full of ink, which flowed rather fast to
> the whole bottom of the printer (since no one noticed this internal
> leak until ink actually spilled out of the printer).
>
> Does anyone know anything about this? I looked at the ink cartridges
> and it look rather naïve (no broken parts, no access ink on the head's
> area?)
>
> I will be thank full for every answer, Dekers

It's probably normal if you have done a lot of printing. Whenever I
change an ink cartridge, I remove the gooey mound of spent ink from
the pad under the service station with a small screwdriver. This
prevents fouling of the service station and the mess that you are
experiencing. HP says that you never have to do this, but some
owners' experiences have proven them to be wrong.

royc

behemothkind@hotmail.com (Noam Dekers) wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I have 2 Printers at work: HP 950C and a 970Cxi. Both started leaking
> black ink out of a sudden. This happened on two different occasions.
> The printers weren't standing next to each other. The leak occurred
> while both printers were "resting" meaning not while printing
> something. Both printers use only original HP cartridges. The printers
> weren't tempered with prior to this incident - no one tried to open
> them, disassemble them, rock them or tilt them etc. The whole area
> under the ink cartridges if full of ink, which flowed rather fast to
> the whole bottom of the printer (since no one noticed this internal
> leak until ink actually spilled out of the printer).
>
> Does anyone know anything about this? I looked at the ink cartridges
> and it look rather naïve (no broken parts, no access ink on the head's
> area?)
>
> I will be thank full for every answer, Dekers

I sent you a direct email some time ago but did not get a response. Please
send me some email with a valid return address and I will see what I can do to
take care of this issue for you. mailto:bobh@proaxis.com

Regards,
MS MVP Printing/Imaging