My PDA is using battery power even when off ?

August 2, 2004 2:29:21 PM

I changed my ipaq 1940 overnight, unlplugged the charger within minutes the
1940 was dead again meaning another charge, what is the problem ?

More about : pda battery power

Anonymous
August 2, 2004 2:29:22 PM

Red flag here, this sounds like a dead battery.

~S.

"PDA Fan" <no_one@home.here> wrote in news:uMA14MHeEHA.2812
@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl:

--
======================
ACE!!! a.k.a. ~S.

"PDA Fan" <no_one@home.here> wrote in message
> I changed my ipaq 1940 overnight, unlplugged the
charger within minutes the
> 1940 was dead again meaning another charge, what
is the problem ?

how old is your battery? are the contacts clean?

roy

---
Checked by AVG anti-virus system
(http://www.grisoft.com).
Date: 29-Jul-04
Anonymous
August 2, 2004 5:07:16 PM

Yes, it uses battery power even when "off." Off does not actually mean
power removed from the main board, it means turn off unused peripheral
components, put the RAM in self-refresh mode (read using battery) and put
the CPU into sleep mode (read using battery.) If it actually turned off,
then you would not get reminders for appointments...

A agree with the others, you have a battery problem.

--
Bruce Eitman (eMVP)
Senior Engineer

Applied Data Systems
www.applieddata.net
An ISO 9001:2000 Registered Company
Microsoft WEP Gold-level Member

Do have an opinion on the effectiveness of Microsoft Windows Mobile and
Embedded newsgroups? Let us know!
https://www.windowsembeddedeval.com/community/newsgroup...
!