New Acrylic PC with 5 Fans - how to configure ??

2 quick case fan questions:

1) Which of the 5 fans are intake and which are exhaust ??

2) I want to use filters for the intakes, but I want to keep the cool
look of the Blue LED fans. Can I somehow mount the filters on the
"inside" ?? From what I have read they are supposed to go on the
outside, but I see no problem with putting them on the inside, except
for they do not protect the fans themselves from dirt.

TIA !!
3 answers Last reply
More about acrylic fans configure

    On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 01:37:36 -0400, Ken Roberts <> wrote:

    >2 quick case fan questions:

    >1) Which of the 5 fans are intake and which are exhaust ??

    Look at the side of the fan housing for two arrow one for directon
    of flow, the other for rotation.

    >2) I want to use filters for the intakes, but I want to keep the cool
    >look of the Blue LED fans. Can I somehow mount the filters on the
    >"inside" ?? From what I have read they are supposed to go on the
    >outside, but I see no problem with putting them on the inside, except
    >for they do not protect the fans themselves from dirt.

    >TIA !!
  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking (More info?)

    On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 06:01:17 GMT, borolad@myowseintheboro.org wrote:

    >On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 01:37:36 -0400, Ken Roberts <> wrote:
    >
    >>2 quick case fan questions:
    >
    >>1) Which of the 5 fans are intake and which are exhaust ??
    >
    >Look at the side of the fan housing for two arrow one for directon
    >of flow, the other for rotation.

    Does that tell me which fans I should set as intake and which one to
    set as exhaust?

    >>2) I want to use filters for the intakes, but I want to keep the cool
    >>look of the Blue LED fans. Can I somehow mount the filters on the
    >>"inside" ?? From what I have read they are supposed to go on the
    >>outside, but I see no problem with putting them on the inside, except
    >>for they do not protect the fans themselves from dirt.
    >
    >>TIA !!
  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking (More info?)

    On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 22:41:27 -0400, Ken Roberts <> wrote:

    >On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 06:01:17 GMT, borolad@myowseintheboro.org wrote:

    >>On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 01:37:36 -0400, Ken Roberts <> wrote:

    >>>2 quick case fan questions:

    >>>1) Which of the 5 fans are intake and which are exhaust ??

    >>Look at the side of the fan housing for two arrow one for directon
    >>of flow, the other for rotation.
    >Does that tell me which fans I should set as intake and which one to
    >set as exhaust?

    That's a whole new can of worms to which there is no one single answer
    but the generally accepted start point is to make the air flow in from
    the bottom front, and taking the hot air out at the top rear.

    The objective of which is to bring the internal temperature of the
    case to within + 5ºC [ ish ] of ambient.

    >>>2) I want to use filters for the intakes, but I want to keep the cool
    >>>look of the Blue LED fans. Can I somehow mount the filters on the
    >>>"inside" ?? From what I have read they are supposed to go on the
    >>>outside, but I see no problem with putting them on the inside, except
    >>>for they do not protect the fans themselves from dirt.

    >>>TIA !!
    ¸ô¶ó

Configuration Overclocking