OC advice for asus a8v/athlon64 3000+

Hello, All!

I will be installing this combination today as a replacement m/b & chip. It
replaces an asus a7v8x which I had oc'ed 12% or so, however 1) that was 3
years+ and a lifetime ago and the terminology (reading the manual) for this
board is different and the settings many, many more.

Could anyone direct me to a good site for oc'ing this particular combo or at
least an a8v board? Or if you are so inclined outline an approach/sequence
of steps to take to oc?

Thanks,

Colonel Blip.
E-mail: colonel.blip.nospamplease@bigfoot.com

Pricisely the rig I set up a couple of months back :eek:)

I've got it comfortably running at HTT280 - 3800+ speeds

These ought to help, some of the post date back to issues wth the early
release boards when there was no AGP/PCI lock - ought not to be an issue for
you tho'.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=47232

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=46539

Pete

"Colonel Blip" <colonel.blip.nospamplease@bigfoot.com> wrote in message
> Hello, All!
>
> I will be installing this combination today as a replacement m/b & chip.
> It replaces an asus a7v8x which I had oc'ed 12% or so, however 1) that was
> 3 years+ and a lifetime ago and the terminology (reading the manual) for
> this board is different and the settings many, many more.
>
> Could anyone direct me to a good site for oc'ing this particular combo or
> at least an a8v board? Or if you are so inclined outline an
> approach/sequence of steps to take to oc?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Colonel Blip.
> E-mail: colonel.blip.nospamplease@bigfoot.com

> News==----
> Newsgroups
> =----

Hello, Immuno!
You wrote on Wed, 20 Apr 2005 22:35:26 +0000 (UTC):

Thanks. I've got it up and running and early next week after I get all of my
software installed and setup I'm going to take a look at the oc'ing.

I may be back with some questions since you've 'been there, done that'.

Thanks,

Colonel Blip.
E-mail: colonelblip.no.spam.please@bigfoot.com

I> Pricisely the rig I set up a couple of months back :eek:)

I> I've got it comfortably running at HTT280 - 3800+ speeds

I> These ought to help, some of the post date back to issues wth the early
I> release boards when there was no AGP/PCI lock - ought not to be an issue
I> for you tho'.

I> http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=47232

I> http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=46539

I> Pete