Installing temperature probe on S939 CPU

What is the best way to install a temperature probe on an Athlon 64
3200+ CPU? Do I simply insert the probe between the heatsink and the
processor, or is there another way? I am concerned that this may have
an adverse effect on the contact between the CPU and the heatsink; is
this true?
Thanks in advance,
-Hukuis

Spajky

On 22 Apr 2005 13:02:29 -0700, 6roseds@gmail.com wrote:

>What is the best way to install a temperature probe on an Athlon 64
>3200+ CPU? Do I simply insert the probe between the heatsink and the
>processor, or is there another way? I am concerned that this may have
>an adverse effect on the contact between the CPU and the heatsink; is
>this true?

Yes, do not do it! Mount a probe on the bottom of a HS as closest as
possible to a CPUs heat spreader & fixit there with a piece of soft
rubber somehow ...
--
Regards , SPAJKY ®
mail addr. @ my site @ http://www.spajky.vze.com