CPU Intel P4 Mobile 1.60 GHz

Is there a workarround to get this CPU started with multipier x16 using it
together with an fx. P4B266 or P4P800SE?

If you mean instead of the x12 multiplier that SpeedStep causes it to
default to - Nope! Or rather I've not seen one, and I've looked pretty hard
for the last couple of years on and off.

.....On the positive side - it will probably do 2.4GHz at 800MHz FSB :eek:)
(hardware permitting)

Pete

"N´far" <rudiNOSPAM@mail.dk> wrote in message
> Is there a workarround to get this CPU started with multipier x16 using it
> together with an fx. P4B266 or P4P800SE?

Thomas

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2003

~misfit~ wrote:
> The P3 was (and still is) the pinacle of design as far as Intel's
> history goes. That Tualatin P3 you have is the forerunner of the new
> Pentium M's, (Banias, Dothan) they're just 'evolved' P3 Tualatins
> with a smaller manufacturing process, larger L2 caches and a
> re-designed pre-fetch unit. (And some speed-stepping) . Intel will,
> very soon, swallow it's pride and drop the P4 range altogether.
> (That's why it's changed to calling CPUs by codes instead of
> family/speed, they're hoping to save face). Especially if it wants to
> do any good in the dual-core market. Can you imagine two 120 watt
> Prescot cores on the same die? You could heat your lounge with it.

Indeed... Unfortunately, 'the mass' doesn't know well enough that the
P3-Tuatalin is this good... I'm havig trouble selling off my lovely little
laptop ;-)

--
Thomas