HP 5550 Internet Via Bluetooth Lan Connection

a b α HP
August 2, 2004 8:50:40 AM

Any help would be greatly appreciated:

My home PC shares its broadband connection throughout my network.
This is working correctly. I have just bought a USB bluetooth adapter
to connect my Ipaq to the net, it can see my PC, my PC can see it, but
I am unable to browse the internet on my IPaq as yet

Any ideas?

What do i need to do?

Thanks

Simon
Anonymous
a b α HP
August 2, 2004 11:18:35 PM

You will need to enable windows internet connection sharing on the interface
that connects you to the internet then tell internet connection sharing to
share the connection with your bluetooth network adapter.

rights...

"Miskers" <simon@yourdisposal.co.uk> wrote in message
> Any help would be greatly appreciated:
>
> My home PC shares its broadband connection throughout my network.
> This is working correctly. I have just bought a USB bluetooth adapter
> to connect my Ipaq to the net, it can see my PC, my PC can see it, but
> I am unable to browse the internet on my IPaq as yet
>
> Any ideas?
>
> What do i need to do?
>
> Thanks
>
> Simon
Anonymous
a b α HP
August 10, 2004 1:07:10 PM

How do you set up internet connection sharing for the bluetooth
adapter and my LAN. I keep reading that the bluetooth adapter needs
to be set up with anIP of 192.168.0.1 but when i do this all my other
PCs lose their internet connection. I know I'm a real novice (and a
cheapskate as I should probably just get a router!) but any help would
be appreciated

Thanks so far

Simon

!