Can't use keyboard or mouse after having changed mainboard!

Before I changed my mainboard I changed the IDE drivers to : "Standard
Dual-Channel PCI IDE Controller" on the harddisk with WinXP SP2.

I then changed mainboard and connected my harddisk. It starts up fine and
I get to a point where I need to reactivate winXP, but I can't use my mouse
or keyboard (it is a new keyboard and mouse).

Its not even possible to enter bios by pressing "Del" when I boot up.

Hope someon can help!

JS
2 answers Last reply
More about keyboard mouse changed mainboard

    Last time I heard of this...someone had mixed the cables up when plugging
    them in...mouse in keyboard and vice versa ( if they are PS2)
  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking (More info?)

    Maybe you should try your old keyboard and mouse again and put them into
    the correct PS2 ports unless of course they are USB.

    "JS" <dsa.@asdf.com> wrote in message
    > Before I changed my mainboard I changed the IDE drivers to : "Standard
    > Dual-Channel PCI IDE Controller" on the harddisk with WinXP SP2.
    >
    > I then changed mainboard and connected my harddisk. It starts up fine and
    > I get to a point where I need to reactivate winXP, but I can't use my
    > mouse
    > or keyboard (it is a new keyboard and mouse).
    >
    > Its not even possible to enter bios by pressing "Del" when I boot up.
    >
    > Hope someon can help!
    >
    > JS

Hard Drives Keyboards Overclocking