overclockin amd sempron 2400+ on an MSI motherboard

all i know is dat my system configuration is :

MSI Motherboard MS-7061 (phoenix BIOS)
256 MB DDR RAM
AMD Sempron 2400+ (1.67 GHz)
Geforce4 MX 4000 128 DDR RAM

dat's all i could get to know by myself. i wanted to overclock my cpu
in order to make it work a bit faster and also give dat extra edge in
gaming. could anyone tell me dat best possible way to overclock it ?

:?:
3 answers Last reply
More about overclockin sempron 2400 motherboard

    what speed is your ram?

    "sinner" <axle.rose@gmail-dot-com.no-spam.invalid> wrote in message
    > all i know is dat my system configuration is :
    >
    > MSI Motherboard MS-7061 (phoenix BIOS)
    > 256 MB DDR RAM
    > AMD Sempron 2400+ (1.67 GHz)
    > Geforce4 MX 4000 128 DDR RAM
    >
    > dat's all i could get to know by myself. i wanted to overclock my cpu
    > in order to make it work a bit faster and also give dat extra edge in
    > gaming. could anyone tell me dat best possible way to overclock it ?
    >
    > :?:

  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking (More info?)

    errr... i dunno how ta find dat out Veritech but i guess its 256 MB
    DDR @ 266 MHz

    :?
  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking (More info?)

    sinner wrote:
    > all i know is dat my system configuration is :
    >
    > MSI Motherboard MS-7061 (phoenix BIOS)
    > 256 MB DDR RAM
    > AMD Sempron 2400+ (1.67 GHz)
    > Geforce4 MX 4000 128 DDR RAM
    >
    > dat's all i could get to know by myself. i wanted to overclock my cpu
    > in order to make it work a bit faster and also give dat extra edge in
    > gaming. could anyone tell me dat best possible way to overclock it ?

    Well, you got some answers but noone got to this: probably the factor
    most limiting to the gaming performance in your setup described is your
    video card. Don't know much about nVidia, but IIRC the GF4 MX serie is a
    direct descendant of the good old GF2 serie with only DX7 compatibility.
    Basically, you could go and get any modern video card and the games
    boost would be visible.

    If you end up with an ATi card, stay away from the SE models unless you
    definately know what you are doing. Their performance is strangled by
    their narrower memory bandwidth, except for some certain models.

    If the Sempron speed label means it compares to Celeron 2400 then I
    guess a well balanced card could be an ATi 9600XT. Not the latest
    technology and definately not the best speed but abything much better
    would probably be an overkill. The price is not too high, either. If you
    are going to upgrade the CPU and/or memory (you could use some more
    memory, by the way, 256 is hardly enough to run even WinXP alone, maybe
    if you run an older OS it is enough but not for serious gaming anyway)
    the situation will of course be different.

    If you are really tight on budget, go and get a second-hand ATi 8500,
    the LE model will also do. Replaced with even that old a card you will
    notice something has happened. Someone might also offer you a "real" GF4
    card (Ti4200/4400/4whatever), it will give you something, too.

    In short: get rid of that GF4MX and find something better. Ask your
    local nerd kid to go shopping with you if you feel your competence is
    limited, it is not a shameful thing to do.

    --
    gt

Overclocking Sempron Motherboards