No video on Asrock P4VT8+ m/b

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.overclocking,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt (More info?)

i`ve had this Asrock P4VT8+ m/b for a while but no cpu to install. Got a
3GHz prescott P4 recently and fitted it. Everything seems to boot up, all
fans spin, optical drives light up, hdd initialises but nothing outputs to
the monitor. I`ve tried various gfx cards (all radeon cards - 9700, 9600,
9250) and tested the monitor. All work in other systems. I had 1GB of ram in
it (1x512 and 2x256), took all out and put the 512 in slot 1. reset the bios
every time i changed something. No dice. Am i missimg something before i
replace the m/b? any help appreciated.
Sorry about x-posting, trying for max input :)

jad

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.overclocking,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt (More info?)

PSU not up to the task?
You are currently using an AGP vid card, have your tried a PCI version?
AGP settings are out of wack in the cmos?, try clearing and set bios to
defaults.

"Martin Pick" <mpick@mpick.karoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> i`ve had this Asrock P4VT8+ m/b for a while but no cpu to install. Got a
> 3GHz prescott P4 recently and fitted it. Everything seems to boot up, all
> fans spin, optical drives light up, hdd initialises but nothing outputs to
> the monitor. I`ve tried various gfx cards (all radeon cards - 9700, 9600,
> 9250) and tested the monitor. All work in other systems. I had 1GB of ram
> in it (1x512 and 2x256), took all out and put the 512 in slot 1. reset the
> bios every time i changed something. No dice. Am i missimg something
> before i replace the m/b? any help appreciated.
> Sorry about x-posting, trying for max input :)

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.overclocking,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt (More info?)

Replace the motherboard.

Phil Weldon

In article <EN2cnVXrepR7gBjfSa8jmA@karoo.co.uk>, Martin Pick says...
> i`ve had this Asrock P4VT8+ m/b for a while but no cpu to install. Got a
> 3GHz prescott P4 recently and fitted it. Everything seems to boot up, all
> fans spin, optical drives light up, hdd initialises but nothing outputs to
> the monitor. I`ve tried various gfx cards (all radeon cards - 9700, 9600,
> 9250) and tested the monitor. All work in other systems. I had 1GB of ram in
> it (1x512 and 2x256), took all out and put the 512 in slot 1. reset the bios
> every time i changed something. No dice. Am i missimg something before i
> replace the m/b? any help appreciated.
> Sorry about x-posting, trying for max input :)

Onboard graphics and BIOS set to boot from onboard?

--
Conor

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most." O.Osbourne.

"Conor" <conor.turton@gmail.com> wrote in message
> In article <EN2cnVXrepR7gBjfSa8jmA@karoo.co.uk>, Martin Pick says...
>> i`ve had this Asrock P4VT8+ m/b for a while but no cpu to install. Got a
>> 3GHz prescott P4 recently and fitted it. Everything seems to boot up, all
>> fans spin, optical drives light up, hdd initialises but nothing outputs
>> the monitor. I`ve tried various gfx cards (all radeon cards - 9700, 9600,
>> 9250) and tested the monitor. All work in other systems. I had 1GB of ram
>> in
>> it (1x512 and 2x256), took all out and put the 512 in slot 1. reset the
>> bios
>> every time i changed something. No dice. Am i missimg something before i
>> replace the m/b? any help appreciated.
>> Sorry about x-posting, trying for max input :)
>>
> Onboard graphics and BIOS set to boot from onboard?

No onboard vga and according to asrock website, cpu is fully supported.

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.overclocking,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt (More info?)

On Fri, 13 May 2005 22:36:37 +0100 If I have seen farther it is
because I have stood on the shoulder of giants "Martin Pick"
<mpick@mpick.karoo.co.uk> wrote :

>i`ve had this Asrock P4VT8+ m/b for a while but no cpu to install. Got a
>3GHz prescott P4 recently and fitted it. Everything seems to boot up, all
>fans spin, optical drives light up, hdd initialises but nothing outputs to
>the monitor. I`ve tried various gfx cards (all radeon cards - 9700, 9600,
>9250) and tested the monitor. All work in other systems. I had 1GB of ram in
>it (1x512 and 2x256), took all out and put the 512 in slot 1. reset the bios
>every time i changed something. No dice. Am i missimg something before i
>replace the m/b? any help appreciated.
>Sorry about x-posting, trying for max input :)

Replace the CMOS battery?
It may have discharged being left and they are cheap.

HTH :)

--
Free Windows/PC help,
remove obvious to reply