Sign in with
Your question
Closed

A Look at the Hardware Inside Google's Nexus 7 Tablet

Last response: in News comments
July 4, 2012 2:38:29 PM

Nexus 7 , huh? there's some of me in you....
Score
July 4, 2012 3:13:20 PM

Asus' hardware design has always been pretty solid, and this proves the level of refinement it has reached. I'm so looking forward to receiving mine; I hope they ship soon.
Score
Related resources
July 4, 2012 3:32:53 PM

I barely see anything at all. It probably has less parts than a M16 rifle, which is amazing.
Score
July 4, 2012 3:34:39 PM

ER... nexus 6 bro... :)  Can't wait for the next Bladerunner film.

Score
July 4, 2012 3:45:57 PM

Can't wait for the Nexus 10!
Score
July 4, 2012 3:47:16 PM

i'll wait for nexus 10...nexus 7 is just too small for me. :p 
Score
July 4, 2012 3:58:17 PM

Asus is making this? For some reason, I thought it would be moto. Regardless, Asus hardware has been relatively solid (OG TF has zero hardware problems). Asus' problem with tablets has always and consistently been OS/firmware updates. Somehow they find a way to screw the pooch on every OS/firmware update they push. Hopefully this being a Google product, the OS/firmware won't have these issues anymore. I had no interest in buying an asus tablet ever again (so many issues with ICS updates), but having this be a google product (technically), I have high hopes that they'll get the software right for once.
Score
July 4, 2012 4:04:14 PM

Look at the size of that circuit board, integration is really going to the extreme.
Score
July 4, 2012 5:00:05 PM

teh_chemAsus is making this? For some reason, I thought it would be moto. Regardless, Asus hardware has been relatively solid (OG TF has zero hardware problems). Asus' problem with tablets has always and consistently been OS/firmware updates. Somehow they find a way to screw the pooch on every OS/firmware update they push. Hopefully this being a Google product, the OS/firmware won't have these issues anymore. I had no interest in buying an asus tablet ever again (so many issues with ICS updates), but having this be a google product (technically), I have high hopes that they'll get the software right for once.

I would imagine Google used Asus on this to show their 3rd party partners they won't abandon them simply because they bought Motorola's mobile division.
Score
!