A Look at the Hardware Inside Google's Nexus 7 Tablet

Status
Not open for further replies.

teh_chem

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
Asus is making this? For some reason, I thought it would be moto. Regardless, Asus hardware has been relatively solid (OG TF has zero hardware problems). Asus' problem with tablets has always and consistently been OS/firmware updates. Somehow they find a way to screw the pooch on every OS/firmware update they push. Hopefully this being a Google product, the OS/firmware won't have these issues anymore. I had no interest in buying an asus tablet ever again (so many issues with ICS updates), but having this be a google product (technically), I have high hopes that they'll get the software right for once.

wildkitten

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
[citation][nom]teh_chem[/nom]Asus is making this? For some reason, I thought it would be moto. Regardless, Asus hardware has been relatively solid (OG TF has zero hardware problems). Asus' problem with tablets has always and consistently been OS/firmware updates. Somehow they find a way to screw the pooch on every OS/firmware update they push. Hopefully this being a Google product, the OS/firmware won't have these issues anymore. I had no interest in buying an asus tablet ever again (so many issues with ICS updates), but having this be a google product (technically), I have high hopes that they'll get the software right for once.[/citation]

I would imagine Google used Asus on this to show their 3rd party partners they won't abandon them simply because they bought Motorola's mobile division.

Status
Not open for further replies.