  • Peripherals
Last response: in Computer Peripherals
Share
August 11, 2004 9:36:08 PM

Hi,

I have a Canon i990 which, unfortunately, doesn't print labels directly on the CD/DVD.

While surfing the net I came across references to a standalone CD/DVD label printer called the
Primera Signature Z1 thermal printer. I asked a local supplier in Oz about the printer and he told
me that it was also called the Evocept Spin CD/DVD Title printer.

From the specs it isn't too flash as a printer but then labels don't require much.

I would appreciate feedback from someone who has used the printer before I lash out and get one.

TIA

Cheers . . . JC

More about : dvd label printer

Anonymous
August 12, 2004 4:00:19 AM

On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 17:36:08 +1000, JC <jhoppyc@westnet.com.invalid>
wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I have a Canon i990 which, unfortunately, doesn't print labels directly on the CD/DVD.
>
>While surfing the net I came across references to a standalone CD/DVD label printer called the
>Primera Signature Z1 thermal printer. I asked a local supplier in Oz about the printer and he told
>me that it was also called the Evocept Spin CD/DVD Title printer.
>
>From the specs it isn't too flash as a printer but then labels don't require much.
>
>I would appreciate feedback from someone who has used the printer before I lash out and get one.
>
>TIA
>

>Cheers . . . JC

Casio make one too - don't know the model now, sorry.
August 12, 2004 4:00:20 AM

Casio makes a couple of models but the Primera Z1 is a lot better! The
Casios print to 1 area.The Z1 prints to 1 area,then spins the disc to print
to 3 more areas.Primera is well known for their label printers,and this
seems to be a nice printer at about $140.The Casios are cheaper but not as
nice.

!