CD/DVD label printer

Hi,

I have a Canon i990 which, unfortunately, doesn't print labels directly on the CD/DVD.

While surfing the net I came across references to a standalone CD/DVD label printer called the
Primera Signature Z1 thermal printer. I asked a local supplier in Oz about the printer and he told
me that it was also called the Evocept Spin CD/DVD Title printer.

From the specs it isn't too flash as a printer but then labels don't require much.

I would appreciate feedback from someone who has used the printer before I lash out and get one.

TIA

Cheers . . . JC
2 answers Last reply
More about label printer

    On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 17:36:08 +1000, JC <jhoppyc@westnet.com.invalid>
    wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I have a Canon i990 which, unfortunately, doesn't print labels directly on the CD/DVD.
    >
    >While surfing the net I came across references to a standalone CD/DVD label printer called the
    >Primera Signature Z1 thermal printer. I asked a local supplier in Oz about the printer and he told
    >me that it was also called the Evocept Spin CD/DVD Title printer.
    >
    >From the specs it isn't too flash as a printer but then labels don't require much.
    >
    >I would appreciate feedback from someone who has used the printer before I lash out and get one.
    >
    >TIA
    >

    >Cheers . . . JC

    Casio make one too - don't know the model now, sorry.

    Casio makes a couple of models but the Primera Z1 is a lot better! The
    Casios print to 1 area.The Z1 prints to 1 area,then spins the disc to print
    to 3 more areas.Primera is well known for their label printers,and this
    seems to be a nice printer at about $140.The Casios are cheaper but not as
    nice.
    "Just Allan" <justallan@COLDhotmail.com> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 17:36:08 +1000, JC <jhoppyc@westnet.com.invalid>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >Hi,
    > >
    > >I have a Canon i990 which, unfortunately, doesn't print labels directly
    on the CD/DVD.

    > >While surfing the net I came across references to a standalone CD/DVD
    label printer called the
    > >Primera Signature Z1 thermal printer. I asked a local supplier in Oz
    about the printer and he told
    > >me that it was also called the Evocept Spin CD/DVD Title printer.
    > >
    > >From the specs it isn't too flash as a printer but then labels don't
    require much.

    > >I would appreciate feedback from someone who has used the printer before
    I lash out and get one.

    > >TIA
    > >

    > >Cheers . . . JC
    >
    > Casio make one too - don't know the model now, sorry.

Printers DVD CD-Rom Peripherals