avoiding blocked head??

My canon printhead head gets blocked very easily. I was wondering if
adding a little distilled water to the ink would help by thinning the
solution.

If you agree any idea what level of dilution I can get away with
without effeting the print quality

Thanks
2 answers Last reply
More about avoiding blocked head

    On 11 Aug 2004 01:56:06 -0700, not_here.5.species8350@xoxy.net
    (species8350) wrote:

    >My canon printhead head gets blocked very easily. I was wondering if
    >adding a little distilled water to the ink would help by thinning the
    >solution.
    >
    >If you agree any idea what level of dilution I can get away with
    >without effeting the print quality
    >
    >Thanks

    Which model printer and where did you buy the ink from?

    If you are using "works in all printers" type of ink, I doubt anything
    would solve your problem.

    "species8350" <not_here.5.species8350@xoxy.net> wrote in message
    > My canon printhead head gets blocked very easily. I was wondering if
    > adding a little distilled water to the ink would help by thinning the
    > solution.
    >
    > If you agree any idea what level of dilution I can get away with
    > without effeting the print quality

    I am not sure what printer (you failed to say), but that would surely be a
    bad idea.
    If the printhead is constantly clogging their is a reason (purge unit, bad
    printhead, low quality ink, etc).
    If under warranty I would contact Canon as the printheads are covered also.

Printers Canon Peripherals