avoiding blocked head??

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
August 11, 2004 5:56:06 AM

My canon printhead head gets blocked very easily. I was wondering if
adding a little distilled water to the ink would help by thinning the
solution.

If you agree any idea what level of dilution I can get away with
without effeting the print quality

Thanks

More about : avoiding blocked head

Anonymous
August 11, 2004 10:47:01 AM

On 11 Aug 2004 01:56:06 -0700, not_here.5.species8350@xoxy.net
(species8350) wrote:

>My canon printhead head gets blocked very easily. I was wondering if
>adding a little distilled water to the ink would help by thinning the
>solution.
>
>If you agree any idea what level of dilution I can get away with
>without effeting the print quality
>
>Thanks

Which model printer and where did you buy the ink from?

If you are using "works in all printers" type of ink, I doubt anything
would solve your problem.
Anonymous
August 11, 2004 10:43:17 PM

"species8350" <not_here.5.species8350@xoxy.net> wrote in message
> My canon printhead head gets blocked very easily. I was wondering if
> adding a little distilled water to the ink would help by thinning the
> solution.
>
> If you agree any idea what level of dilution I can get away with
> without effeting the print quality

I am not sure what printer (you failed to say), but that would surely be a
bad idea.
If the printhead is constantly clogging their is a reason (purge unit, bad
printhead, low quality ink, etc).
If under warranty I would contact Canon as the printheads are covered also.
!