Northwestern Researchers Create ''Rubber-Band Electronics''

Status
Not open for further replies.

spiketheaardvark

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2009
They make something out of some fancy silicate and liquid heavy metals and their first thought is "hey this would be great to put in the human body"?

On the other hand this stuff could replace the elastic in your underwear and it could email you every time your waist expands.

s3anister

Distinguished
May 18, 2006
[citation][nom]A Bad Day[/nom]The question is, can they survive the patent sharks?[/citation]
I don't think it's so much an issue of patents as it is about advancing technology. Regardless, it doesn't sound like there is a patent for what they're doing and if there is one, they (the researchers) are probably waiting for it to be approved.

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
[citation][nom]s3anister[/nom]I don't think it's so much an issue of patents as it is about advancing technology. Regardless, it doesn't sound like there is a patent for what they're doing and if there is one, they (the researchers) are probably waiting for it to be approved.[/citation]

As of now, patents can be stretched just like rubber bands to cover essentially everything.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
[citation][nom]Zingam_Duo[/nom]Chinese -> hardware engineersIndians -> softwareWhite people -> lawyers or victims of lawyers[/citation]

Let me correct that for you...

Chinese -> hardware engineers
Indians -> software
White US Americans -> lawyers or victims of lawyers

Status
Not open for further replies.