Mix and match DDR2??

I have an ABIT IC7 motherboard. This question doesn't require model numbers
and serial numbers so I'll spare you... The question is, I have 1 1GB stick
of DDR2 and 2 sticks of 512MB DDR2, same manufacturer, same speeds, timings,
etc. Is there any way I can place all three sticks in the motherboard and
get the 2GB's total to work?? THANKS

"Heywood Jablowme" <a@a.a> wrote in news:jb_Ne.53625$084.6985@attbi_s22:

> I have an ABIT IC7 motherboard. This question doesn't require model
> numbers and serial numbers so I'll spare you... The question is, I
> have 1 1GB stick of DDR2 and 2 sticks of 512MB DDR2, same
> manufacturer, same speeds, timings, etc. Is there any way I can place
> all three sticks in the motherboard and get the 2GB's total to work??
> THANKS

I don't even think DDR2 will fit in the slots.

--
Peder (Please reply to group only, email invalid)

"Heywood Jablowme" <a@a.a> wrote in message
>I have an ABIT IC7 motherboard. This question doesn't require model
> numbers and serial numbers so I'll spare you... The question is, I have
> 1 1GB stick of DDR2 and 2 sticks of 512MB DDR2, same
> manufacturer, same speeds, timings, etc. Is there any way I can place
> all three sticks in the motherboard and get the 2GB's total to work??

Erm, no, if you really did mean to say that you have DDR2 memory.

DDR2 DIMMs are 240 pins wide. DDR slots like the ones on your motherboard
are 184 pins wide, so none of this memory, assuming you're describing it
correctly, will fit in your IC7.

Do you want to try again?
--

Richard Hopkins