How can I get PPC 2003 for Axim X5???

August 2, 2004 2:50:15 PM

Dell has stopped selling PPC 2003 upgrade for X5. Does anyone know
where I can get a copy? I'm not advocating piracy, I'm happy to buy a
copy, but I'll do whatever I have to. What can I do? I need to use
software that requires PPC 2003. What the [expletive deleted] does
Dell think it's doing? This does not encourage me to buy Dell
products.

More about : ppc 2003 axim

Anonymous
August 2, 2004 10:35:27 PM

On 2 Aug 2004 10:50:15 -0700, J. Michael wrote:

> Dell has stopped selling PPC 2003 upgrade for X5. Does anyone know
> where I can get a copy? I'm not advocating piracy, I'm happy to buy a
> copy, but I'll do whatever I have to. What can I do? I need to use
> software that requires PPC 2003. What the [expletive deleted] does
> Dell think it's doing? This does not encourage me to buy Dell
> products.

The X5 is obsolete as far as Dell is concerned. They probably sold out all
the 2003 CDs thay had and don't want to make more since they are now pushing
the X3/30.

It's a shame, since the X5 has both memory slots. Those of use who use CF
GPS receivers and SD map memory still hold on to our X5s, since the X3/30s
won't work for us.

Your only bet that I can see is to do a Google search of the newsgroups for
a copy of the upgrade. Since Dell isn't selling them anymore you don't have
any other choice.
Anonymous
August 2, 2004 11:14:54 PM

"Strongbox" <strongbox@no.mail> wrote in message
> On 2 Aug 2004 10:50:15 -0700, J. Michael wrote:
>
> > Dell has stopped selling PPC 2003 upgrade for X5. Does anyone know
> > where I can get a copy? I'm not advocating piracy, I'm happy to buy a
> > copy, but I'll do whatever I have to. What can I do? I need to use
> > software that requires PPC 2003. What the [expletive deleted] does
> > Dell think it's doing? This does not encourage me to buy Dell
> > products.
>
> The X5 is obsolete as far as Dell is concerned. They probably sold out
all
> the 2003 CDs thay had and don't want to make more since they are now
pushing
> the X3/30.
>
> It's a shame, since the X5 has both memory slots. Those of use who use CF
> GPS receivers and SD map memory still hold on to our X5s, since the X3/30s
> won't work for us.
>
> Your only bet that I can see is to do a Google search of the newsgroups
for
> a copy of the upgrade. Since Dell isn't selling them anymore you don't
have
> any other choice.

There's currently one on ebay - $28USD with 5 days to go -

You may need to keep checking ebay. Overstock.com might have some - they're
good at having discontinued products, including software.

Hope this helps.
Anonymous
August 3, 2004 1:18:05 AM

J. Michael wrote:
> Dell has stopped selling PPC 2003 upgrade for X5. Does anyone know
> where I can get a copy? I'm not advocating piracy, I'm happy to buy a
> copy, but I'll do whatever I have to. What can I do? I need to use
> software that requires PPC 2003. What the [expletive deleted] does
> Dell think it's doing? This does not encourage me to buy Dell
> products.

Dell offered to sell me one or £30 only a month or so ago. Call them if you
want to buy it.
!