Is 95 degrees F too hot for Intel 2.8 OC with stock cooler?

Installed motherboard monitor and see that under load CPU is hitting 95F, is
that too hot?

Touch the heatsink with your fingers,if very hot then it's too much idd.
If not even warm it's either not seated correctly or the bios gives a wrong
reading,have you experienced lockups and/or system reboots?
These indicate too hot temperatures.
Btw,is your bios reading correct?Because then mbm isn't reading your
mainboard as it should.

"Flow" <Flowing@zonnet.nl> wrote in message
> Touch the heatsink with your fingers,if very hot then it's too much idd.
> If not even warm it's either not seated correctly or the bios gives a
> wrong
> reading,have you experienced lockups and/or system reboots?
> These indicate too hot temperatures.
> Btw,is your bios reading correct?Because then mbm isn't reading your
> mainboard as it should.

That is 95F not C. It should be fine. 95F is mid-30sC and is a good temp
(Sounds a bit low for load).

> "news_reader" <news_reader@rogers.com> schreef in bericht
>> Installed motherboard monitor and see that under load CPU is hitting 95F,
> is
>> that too hot?

Actually it seems a bit low for "load" temps. Are you sure you are reading
the correct temp. The correct one should be the highest in MBM if you have
the correct sensors selected. If that is the correct temp, you have a heck
of a good cooling system.

Ed

"Ed Medlin" <ed@edmedlin.com> schreef in bericht

> "Flow" <Flowing@zonnet.nl> wrote in message
> > Touch the heatsink with your fingers,if very hot then it's too much idd.
> > If not even warm it's either not seated correctly or the bios gives a
> > wrong
> > reading,have you experienced lockups and/or system reboots?
> > These indicate too hot temperatures.
> > Btw,is your bios reading correct?Because then mbm isn't reading your
> > mainboard as it should.
>
> That is 95F not C. It should be fine. 95F is mid-30sC and is a good temp
> (Sounds a bit low for load).
> >
> > "news_reader" <news_reader@rogers.com> schreef in bericht
> >> Installed motherboard monitor and see that under load CPU is hitting
95F,
> > is
> >> that too hot?
>
> Actually it seems a bit low for "load" temps. Are you sure you are reading
> the correct temp. The correct one should be the highest in MBM if you have
> the correct sensors selected. If that is the correct temp, you have a heck
> of a good cooling system.
>
> Ed
> >>

> err,missed that,guess that's because the question took me of guard,i
pressumed everybody knows that 95F is a temperature that can't be bad for
most things.
I should read more carefull next time. :)