Windows 2000

I'm trying to network WinXP using DSL with Win2000 using a wireless adapter.
Is this possible? There is no Local Area Connection showing on PC with
Wire/A and I can't access the Internet. What Am I doing wrong? My objective
is to be able to use the computers in my home to access the internet thru a
DSL phoneline. Nothing fancy just want to be able to use internet while
everyone else is using it too.

ATEC

Distinguished
May 11, 2004

BULLET wrote:
> I'm trying to network WinXP using DSL with Win2000 using a wireless adapter.
> Is this possible? There is no Local Area Connection showing on PC with
> Wire/A and I can't access the Internet. What Am I doing wrong? My objective
> is to be able to use the computers in my home to access the internet thru a
> DSL phoneline. Nothing fancy just want to be able to use internet while
> everyone else is using it too.
turn off the firewalls , then at a dos prompt type ipconfig /all and
post the results for both machines.

I didn't know how to copy the info in order to post it here. But on one
computer all the info is there. The second has no info......I'm thinking
this one is not config. is this correct? Should I start over in order to
config the pc?

"atec" wrote:

> BULLET wrote:
> > I'm trying to network WinXP using DSL with Win2000 using a wireless adapter.
> > Is this possible? There is no Local Area Connection showing on PC with
> > Wire/A and I can't access the Internet. What Am I doing wrong? My objective
> > is to be able to use the computers in my home to access the internet thru a
> > DSL phoneline. Nothing fancy just want to be able to use internet while
> > everyone else is using it too.
> turn off the firewalls , then at a dos prompt type ipconfig /all and
> post the results for both machines.

I'm good, its been configured, thank you anyway.

BULLET wrote:
> I'm good, its been configured, thank you anyway.
>
> "BULLET" wrote:
>

>>I didn't know how to copy the info in order to post it here. But on one
>>computer all the info is there. The second has no info......I'm thinking
>>this one is not config. is this correct? Should I start over in order to
>>config the pc?

>>>turn off the firewalls , then at a dos prompt type ipconfig /all and
>>>post the results for both machines.

Sorry I have been out working on site for a couple of days , guess you
wont have a problem next time .