  • Wireless Networking
Last response: in Wireless Networking
Share
May 21, 2005 10:54:01 AM

I would like to add the Wireless Network Connection Status icon in the
Notification Area of the Desktop Taskbar.

How does one do this?

More about : wireless network connection status icon

Anonymous
May 22, 2005 1:23:29 AM

Hi Aaron,

Open your network connections, select the wireless icon, right click, select
properties. There should be a checkbox at the bottom saying "show icon on
taskbar when connected".

Good Luck,
Engin

"Aaron" <Aaron@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I would like to add the Wireless Network Connection Status icon in the
> Notification Area of the Desktop Taskbar.
>
> How does one do this?

May 22, 2005 11:19:53 PM

There is no wireless icon visible. In fact, there does not appear to be any
connections to wireless or to my cable modem at all. Yet my Internet
connection works fine.

I found a reference to my problem under the Windows XP article "How to
troubleshoot missing network connections icons in Windows Server 2003 and in
Windows XP", Article ID 825826. This seems to reflect my problem exactly.

In the step 2 in this article, both Network Connections (this service
depends on RPC service) and COM+ Event System (this service depends on RPC
service) are starting, not started. They will not start.

In addition, msinfo32 cannot collect any information since it cannot access
the Windows Management Instrumentation Software. This service has started,
but no cigar.

Does this help?

Aaron

!