Wireless Network Connection Status Icon

I would like to add the Wireless Network Connection Status icon in the
Notification Area of the Desktop Taskbar.

How does one do this?
2 answers Last reply
More about wireless network connection status icon

    Hi Aaron,

    Open your network connections, select the wireless icon, right click, select
    properties. There should be a checkbox at the bottom saying "show icon on
    taskbar when connected".

    Good Luck,
    Engin

    "Aaron" <Aaron@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I would like to add the Wireless Network Connection Status icon in the
    > Notification Area of the Desktop Taskbar.
    >
    > How does one do this?

    There is no wireless icon visible. In fact, there does not appear to be any
    connections to wireless or to my cable modem at all. Yet my Internet
    connection works fine.

    I found a reference to my problem under the Windows XP article "How to
    troubleshoot missing network connections icons in Windows Server 2003 and in
    Windows XP", Article ID 825826. This seems to reflect my problem exactly.

    In the step 2 in this article, both Network Connections (this service
    depends on RPC service) and COM+ Event System (this service depends on RPC
    service) are starting, not started. They will not start.

    In addition, msinfo32 cannot collect any information since it cannot access
    the Windows Management Instrumentation Software. This service has started,
    but no cigar.

    Does this help?

    Aaron

    "etarhan" wrote:

    > Hi Aaron,
    >
    > Open your network connections, select the wireless icon, right click, select
    > properties. There should be a checkbox at the bottom saying "show icon on
    > taskbar when connected".
    >
    > Good Luck,
    > Engin
    >

    > "Aaron" <Aaron@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > I would like to add the Wireless Network Connection Status icon in the
    > > Notification Area of the Desktop Taskbar.
    > >
    > > How does one do this?

Wireless Network Networking Connection Wireless Networking