Pocket PC - One Way Sync

August 2, 2004 6:22:53 PM

I would like to setup My IPaq so that my home pc sends info to the
IPaq and my work computer send info to the Ipaq, but the Ipaq does not
ever send any thing to the pc's. I can not find this option in
Activesync. Any suggestions?

More about : pocket sync

Anonymous
August 3, 2004 12:49:23 AM

There is no way to do this with ActiveSync. You may be able to have this
sort of control with Intellisync, but I am not sure of that.

--
Sven, MS-MVP Mobile Devices
"Rob" <rlandquist@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I would like to setup My IPaq so that my home pc sends info to the
> IPaq and my work computer send info to the Ipaq, but the Ipaq does not
> ever send any thing to the pc's. I can not find this option in
> Activesync. Any suggestions?
August 3, 2004 9:08:33 AM

Does anyone know for sure?

"Sven, MVP-Mobile Devices" <sejohannsen@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<uXMT#RQeEHA.236@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>...
> There is no way to do this with ActiveSync. You may be able to have this
> sort of control with Intellisync, but I am not sure of that.
August 3, 2004 5:16:49 PM

You can do this with Laplink's PDASync 3.0.

PAC

"Rob" <rlandquist@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I would like to setup My IPaq so that my home pc sends info to the
> IPaq and my work computer send info to the Ipaq, but the Ipaq does not
> ever send any thing to the pc's. I can not find this option in
> Activesync. Any suggestions?
Anonymous
August 3, 2004 8:59:51 PM

Why can't you set up your active sync on each computer to make the desktop
be the master on both . This is an option in Active sync. You can set
preferences to either sync from PC to PPC or visa versa. Just set both to
sync PC to PPC only. It is in the options I believe.
Anotehr option is to intellisync the office computer and the the home
computer and only use one computer sync the PPC with. Then set the one
computer to sync PC to PPC only.
I sync with three computers this way, through intellisync.

Hope this helps,
Terry

!