Remove Avantgo From Favorites

August 2, 2004 9:57:13 PM

Anyway to do this? I can't delete it in Favorites in IE and it's not
listed in Remove Programs.

Help anyone?

Thanks,
Bill Cherepy
Grayson, GA
Anonymous
August 3, 2004 12:00:09 AM

You can remove this by removing a registry key... In your registry editor,
search for avantgo until you find an entry listed under favorites and
delete the entry.

I just tried this and it worked fine...

----- Original Message -----
From: Bill Cherepy <jcherepy@comcast.net> Sent: Mon, 02 Aug 2004 17:57:13
Subject: Remove Avantgo From Favorites

Anyway to do this? I can't delete it in Favorites in IE and it's not listed
in Remove Programs.

Help anyone?

Thanks,
Bill Cherepy
Grayson, GA
August 16, 2004 9:03:23 PM

In article <1091505609@jamestrosky.hotmail.com>, jamestrosky@hotmail.com
says...
> You can remove this by removing a registry key... In your registry editor,
> search for avantgo until you find an entry listed under favorites and
> delete the entry.
>
> I just tried this and it worked fine...
>

> === Posted with Qusnetsoft NewsReader 2.2.0.8

Yeah I think Avantgo paid MS a big pile f moolah to get thier app built
into the ROM. I had a heck of a time gettin rid of it and if you ever
do a Hard Reset it will come back.
--
-
I am Johnny