Epson R300 Ink

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
August 12, 2004 2:50:57 AM

I have an Epson R300 Photo that I'm going to buy ink for quite soon. An
entire set of inks should run about $80.00 retail. The thought occured to
me I could buy a new R200 Photo for nearly that amount. My question - are
the inks included with a new printer the same capacity/quantity as the inks
you'd buy off the shelf?
TIA,
RJ

More about : epson r300 ink

Anonymous
August 12, 2004 8:28:16 AM

In article <10hlq907h507oe2@corp.supernews.com>,
rjrabenberg@sio.midco.net says...
> I have an Epson R300 Photo that I'm going to buy ink for quite soon. An
> entire set of inks should run about $80.00 retail. The thought occured to
> me I could buy a new R200 Photo for nearly that amount. My question - are
> the inks included with a new printer the same capacity/quantity as the inks
> you'd buy off the shelf?

Yes, they don't have any "high capacity" catridges yet for these models.

And I know what you're thinking... Buy an R200 for $99 and pull out the
ink. Sell it on eBay for $50 and you're saving money.... (it works
<grin>)
Anonymous
August 12, 2004 8:30:16 AM

In article <10hlq907h507oe2@corp.supernews.com>,
rjrabenberg@sio.midco.net says...
> I have an Epson R300 Photo that I'm going to buy ink for quite soon. An
> entire set of inks should run about $80.00 retail. The thought occured to
> me I could buy a new R200 Photo for nearly that amount. My question - are
> the inks included with a new printer the same capacity/quantity as the inks
> you'd buy off the shelf?

ps. Someone recommended the following and I think I'm gonna give it a
try:

http://www.inkgrabber.com/printers.mhtml?search_for=Sty...
20R300
August 12, 2004 9:06:54 PM

Bad Bubba <bad@bubba.com> wrote in

> And I know what you're thinking... Buy an R200 for $99 and pull out
> the ink. Sell it on eBay for $50 and you're saving money.... (it
> works <grin>)

Well since you did mention Ebay , this is where I buy ink for my 2 R300s
quite sucessfully

Abascus Inks:

http://search.stores.ebay.com/search/search.dll?query=r...
87824932&store=AbacusInk&colorid=15&fp=0&st=2
Anonymous
August 13, 2004 1:50:41 AM

On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 22:50:57 -0500, "R.J. Rabenberg"
<rjrabenberg@sio.midco.net> wrote:

>I have an Epson R300 Photo that I'm going to buy ink for quite soon. An
>entire set of inks should run about $80.00 retail. The thought occured to
>me I could buy a new R200 Photo for nearly that amount. My question - are
>the inks included with a new printer the same capacity/quantity as the inks
>you'd buy off the shelf?
>TIA,
>RJ

Get the UK Jet Tec Inks, they are cheaper and you get 30% more ink.

August 13, 2004 8:48:51 AM

On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 21:50:41 +1200, puss@purrpurr.com wrote:

>Get the UK Jet Tec Inks, they are cheaper and you get 30% more ink.
>

>----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. (George Carlin)

hi, have read many suggestions for jet-tec for the tanks for rx600
(same as rx300) but they don't appear on the site. have emailed them
but no response yet
pax,
h2
Anonymous
August 13, 2004 8:48:56 AM

On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 22:50:57 -0500, "R.J. Rabenberg"
<rjrabenberg@sio.midco.net> wrote:

>I have an Epson R300 Photo that I'm going to buy ink for quite soon. An
>entire set of inks should run about $80.00 retail. [snipped]<<

hi, the rx600 i have uses the same tanks; bought my first set from
Inkjetcartridges.com /R300-BUNDLE$39.95, 3 for $109.95, 5 for $169.95
http://www.inkjetcartridge.com/r300bundle.html
the photos i get appear to be as good as the original espons produced,
of course YMMV, good luck

pax,
h2
Anonymous
August 13, 2004 11:51:46 PM

On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 04:48:51 GMT, h2 <hendrixx2@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

>On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 21:50:41 +1200, puss@purrpurr.com wrote:
>
>>Get the UK Jet Tec Inks, they are cheaper and you get 30% more ink.
>>

>>----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. (George Carlin)
>

>hi, have read many suggestions for jet-tec for the tanks for rx600
>(same as rx300) but they don't appear on the site. have emailed them
>but no response yet
>pax,
>h2

I thought that is used the same tanks as the R210.

August 14, 2004 1:37:27 AM

On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 19:51:46 +1200, puss@purrpurr.com wrote:

>I thought that is used the same tanks as the R210...<<

hi, i should have typed R300 not rx300; don't know about the R120...

pax,
h2
Anonymous
August 14, 2004 9:16:03 PM

On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 21:37:27 GMT, h2 <hendrixx2@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

>On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 19:51:46 +1200, puss@purrpurr.com wrote:
>
>>I thought that is used the same tanks as the R210...<<
>
>hi, i should have typed R300 not rx300; don't know about the R120...
>
>pax,
>h2

Should have been R200.

The R200/300 & RX500 all use the same tanks