Epson R300 Ink

I have an Epson R300 Photo that I'm going to buy ink for quite soon. An
entire set of inks should run about $80.00 retail. The thought occured to
me I could buy a new R200 Photo for nearly that amount. My question - are
the inks included with a new printer the same capacity/quantity as the inks
you'd buy off the shelf?
TIA,
RJ
9 answers Last reply
More about epson r300

    In article <10hlq907h507oe2@corp.supernews.com>,
    rjrabenberg@sio.midco.net says...
    > I have an Epson R300 Photo that I'm going to buy ink for quite soon. An
    > entire set of inks should run about $80.00 retail. The thought occured to
    > me I could buy a new R200 Photo for nearly that amount. My question - are
    > the inks included with a new printer the same capacity/quantity as the inks
    > you'd buy off the shelf?

    Yes, they don't have any "high capacity" catridges yet for these models.

    And I know what you're thinking... Buy an R200 for $99 and pull out the
    ink. Sell it on eBay for $50 and you're saving money.... (it works
    <grin>)

    In article <10hlq907h507oe2@corp.supernews.com>,
    rjrabenberg@sio.midco.net says...
    > I have an Epson R300 Photo that I'm going to buy ink for quite soon. An
    > entire set of inks should run about $80.00 retail. The thought occured to
    > me I could buy a new R200 Photo for nearly that amount. My question - are
    > the inks included with a new printer the same capacity/quantity as the inks
    > you'd buy off the shelf?

    ps. Someone recommended the following and I think I'm gonna give it a
    try:

    http://www.inkgrabber.com/printers.mhtml?search_for=Stylus%20Photo%
    20R300

    Bad Bubba <bad@bubba.com> wrote in

    > And I know what you're thinking... Buy an R200 for $99 and pull out
    > the ink. Sell it on eBay for $50 and you're saving money.... (it
    > works <grin>)

    Well since you did mention Ebay , this is where I buy ink for my 2 R300s
    quite sucessfully

    Abascus Inks:

    http://search.stores.ebay.com/search/search.dll?query=r300&srchdesc=y&sid=
    87824932&store=AbacusInk&colorid=15&fp=0&st=2

    On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 22:50:57 -0500, "R.J. Rabenberg"
    <rjrabenberg@sio.midco.net> wrote:

    >I have an Epson R300 Photo that I'm going to buy ink for quite soon. An
    >entire set of inks should run about $80.00 retail. The thought occured to
    >me I could buy a new R200 Photo for nearly that amount. My question - are
    >the inks included with a new printer the same capacity/quantity as the inks
    >you'd buy off the shelf?
    >TIA,
    >RJ

    Get the UK Jet Tec Inks, they are cheaper and you get 30% more ink.

    On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 21:50:41 +1200, puss@purrpurr.com wrote:

    >Get the UK Jet Tec Inks, they are cheaper and you get 30% more ink.
    >

    >----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    >Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. (George Carlin)

    hi, have read many suggestions for jet-tec for the tanks for rx600
    (same as rx300) but they don't appear on the site. have emailed them
    but no response yet
    pax,
    h2

    On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 22:50:57 -0500, "R.J. Rabenberg"
    <rjrabenberg@sio.midco.net> wrote:

    >I have an Epson R300 Photo that I'm going to buy ink for quite soon. An
    >entire set of inks should run about $80.00 retail. [snipped]<<

    hi, the rx600 i have uses the same tanks; bought my first set from
    Inkjetcartridges.com /R300-BUNDLE$39.95, 3 for $109.95, 5 for $169.95
    http://www.inkjetcartridge.com/r300bundle.html
    the photos i get appear to be as good as the original espons produced,
    of course YMMV, good luck

    pax,
    h2

    On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 04:48:51 GMT, h2 <hendrixx2@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

    >On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 21:50:41 +1200, puss@purrpurr.com wrote:
    >
    >>Get the UK Jet Tec Inks, they are cheaper and you get 30% more ink.
    >>

    >>----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    >>Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. (George Carlin)
    >

    >hi, have read many suggestions for jet-tec for the tanks for rx600
    >(same as rx300) but they don't appear on the site. have emailed them
    >but no response yet
    >pax,
    >h2

    I thought that is used the same tanks as the R210.

    On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 19:51:46 +1200, puss@purrpurr.com wrote:

    >I thought that is used the same tanks as the R210...<<

    hi, i should have typed R300 not rx300; don't know about the R120...

    pax,
    h2

    On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 21:37:27 GMT, h2 <hendrixx2@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

    >On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 19:51:46 +1200, puss@purrpurr.com wrote:
    >
    >>I thought that is used the same tanks as the R210...<<
    >
    >hi, i should have typed R300 not rx300; don't know about the R120...
    >
    >pax,
    >h2

    Should have been R200.

    The R200/300 & RX500 all use the same tanks

Printers Photo Epson Peripherals