Windows 7 64bit

Hello,will ms fsx deluxe work on windows 7 64bit,it just says windows 7 on system requirements?
6 answers Last reply
More about windows 64bit
  1. is your processor your putting in it 64 bit?

If yes then it will work.
  2. It does appear on the Windows 7 Compatibility Chart, so I think you're good. If you ever have doubts, it's a good resource: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/compatibility/windows-7/en-us/Default.aspx?type=Software

-- Ryan
    Windows Outreach Team
  3. It runs just fine on my 64-bit system, so there's no reason why it shouldn't on yours.
  4. system will be, when I get it and I know fsx will work, as follows:-

AMD athlon x4core 635 4000mt 2Mb, Mbd Asus4a87td/usb3-amd870 chipset,4Gb ram,
    768Mb Nvidia Geforce GTX460 graphics card. All cabable of 64Bit operation, But need to be sure of op system-Windows7 32 bit or 64 bit? microsoft compatibility site indicates that fsx deluxe version will not be supported by 64bit os, yet some say it does, and some have issues?
  5. As an aside - get the 1Gb GTX460 card. It only costs a little more but runs memory at a higher speed, giving a worthwhile performance boost. FSX should run nicely on that setup. I have a Q8400 and GTX460 running Windows 7, and it works beautifully. I've been running FSX on 64-bit systems since XP64 and neer encountered any problems. The performance has always seemed slightly better than on 32-bit systems (but that could just be my imagination).

Having said that, I am running just the "normal" version of FSX, not DeLuxe and I see a number of contadictory posts. It seems unlikely to me that the core functionality of the two versions is different, but I guess it might be.
  6. bazofstour said:
    Hello,will ms fsx deluxe work on windows 7 64bit,it just says windows 7 on system requirements?

FYI, it runs fine on system.
Ask a new question

Read More

Windows 7