Cannon cartridges Question

Has anyone had the problem of NOT getting a low ink warning when the tank is
empty while using generic cartridges?

Thanks
2 answers Last reply
More about cannon cartridges question

    "Crhoff" <crh-nospam-off@downeast.net> wrote in message
    > Has anyone had the problem of NOT getting a low ink warning when the tank
    is
    > empty while using generic cartridges?

    You do not say which printer, but generally this is caused by changing the
    tank BEFORE it is truly empty.
    To try to reset the sensor open the top and remove the tank and replace with
    an empty. Now close the top and turn the printer off. When you power back on
    replace the empty with a at least 1/2 full cart.

    On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 07:09:13 -0400, "Crhoff"
    <crh-nospam-off@downeast.net> wrote:

    >Has anyone had the problem of NOT getting a low ink warning when the tank is
    >empty while using generic cartridges?
    >
    >Thanks

    I have not had that problem using blanks that I refill. The only thing
    that would cause that problem is the generic cartridge may not have
    the "prism" on the bottom inside of the liquid tank.

    I have seen several cartridges and read about some generics not having
    the prism that is needed in order to set off the low ink warning. It
    is easily visible if you look for it.

Printers Peripherals