X-arcade Dreamcast question

This question dawned on me earlier about X-Arcade. I'd like to ask here
to get an objective answer from people with previous X-Arcade experience.

How can you use memory cards with this unit? I dont see memory card
slots.

The only conclusion I can come up with is that you just use a standard
controller with a memory card plugged into it in ports 3 and/or 4.

--
Bustin' Naughty Folks since 1983

http://home.columbus.rr.com/supermappy/

MAME: Forever Young!

Super Mappy <supermappy@REMOVETHIScolumbus.rr.com> wrote in a cheese
induced coma news:Xns967F6EA29F789supermappyREMOVETHIS@65.24.3.143:

> This question dawned on me earlier about X-Arcade. I'd like to ask
> here
> to get an objective answer from people with previous X-Arcade
> experience.
>
> How can you use memory cards with this unit? I dont see memory card
> slots.
>
> The only conclusion I can come up with is that you just use a
> standard
> controller with a memory card plugged into it in ports 3 and/or 4.

DOH! Nevermind. It finally dawned on me to just try a controller in port
1 without a memory card and a controller in port 4 with a memory card. It
worked just fine.

--
Bustin' Naughty Folks since 1983

http://home.columbus.rr.com/supermappy/

MAME: Forever Young!

ted

Distinguished
May 25, 2001

Super Mappy wrote:

> Super Mappy <supermappy@REMOVETHIScolumbus.rr.com> wrote in a cheese
> induced coma news:Xns967F6EA29F789supermappyREMOVETHIS@65.24.3.143:
>
> > This question dawned on me earlier about X-Arcade. I'd like to ask
> > here
> > to get an objective answer from people with previous X-Arcade
> > experience.
> >
> > How can you use memory cards with this unit? I dont see memory card
> > slots.
> >
> > The only conclusion I can come up with is that you just use a
> > standard
> > controller with a memory card plugged into it in ports 3 and/or 4.
> >

> DOH! Nevermind. It finally dawned on me to just try a controller in port
> 1 without a memory card and a controller in port 4 with a memory card. It
> worked just fine.

Some games will only use the top controller slot on controller 1 to
save, tho. I can't think of any of the games off hand, but back in the
day the complaint would come up in the Dreamcast group at various times
from folks whose default setup was to keep a controller in port 4 with
memory cards.
You could theoretically get around thta issue by using one of the PSX
controller adapters for the DC that have a memory card hookup and then
hooking the X Arcade up using a PSX connector...