Canon Multipass C5000

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
August 12, 2004 1:28:07 PM

Hi group,
I hope someone here can answer a quick question for me. And if this is the
wrong group, I apologize and ask that you point me in the right direction.

I have the above-mentioned printer/scanner/copier/fax machine. I purchased
it used on ebay. It came without the manual, but I've been able to
successfully figure out how the thing works, except for one little thing. I
can't figure out how to manually accept incoming faxes. I don't have the
unit plugged into my computer, because I use it mainly for copying and
faxing and I don't need it hooked up to the printer to perform these
functions.

If anyone has this machine and knows how to receive incoming faxes, either
automatically or manually, I would be extremely grateful.

Thank you in advance.

Brigitte J.

More about : canon multipass c5000

August 12, 2004 3:32:08 PM

"Brigitte" <bas3@rocketmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi group,
> I hope someone here can answer a quick question for me. And if this is
the
> wrong group, I apologize and ask that you point me in the right direction.
>
> I have the above-mentioned printer/scanner/copier/fax machine. I
purchased
> it used on ebay. It came without the manual, but I've been able to
> successfully figure out how the thing works, except for one little thing.
> can't figure out how to manually accept incoming faxes. I don't have the
> unit plugged into my computer, because I use it mainly for copying and
> faxing and I don't need it hooked up to the printer to perform these
> functions.
>
> If anyone has this machine and knows how to receive incoming faxes, either
> automatically or manually, I would be extremely grateful.
>
> Thank you in advance.
>
> Brigitte J.

Direct from manual:

Receiving Documents Manually-Manual Mode (section 5-3)

You will want to set your MultiPass C5000 to receive documents manually
when you want to personally check each incoming call to see if it is from a
fax or from a person. You must have a telephone attached to the C5000.

When MP C5000 rings, pick up the phone.

1) If you hear a person's voice, start your conversation. If the caller
wants to send you a document after talking to you, wait on the line until
you hear a slow beep or silence(depending on the sending fax unit), then
press START/COPY to receive the document.

2) If you hear a slow beep or silence, another fax is trying to send you a
document. Press START/COPY.

3) Hang up the telephone after MP C5000 displays RECEIVE. If you don't hang
up, the C5000 beeps intermittently for a few seconds after you receive the
document. To disable the beeping, turn off the Off Hook Alarm option in the
Advanced: Send Fax dialog box.

All of the above assumes that you have set the C5000 for Fax/Tel mode(where
the phone line is used for both voice and fax messages, rather than the Fax
Only mode(where the phone line is dedicated for fax only).

HTH,

Ron
August 17, 2004 4:41:45 PM

"Brigitte" <bas3@rocketmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi group,
> I hope someone here can answer a quick question for me. And if this is
the
> wrong group, I apologize and ask that you point me in the right direction.
>
> I have the above-mentioned printer/scanner/copier/fax machine. I
purchased
> it used on ebay. It came without the manual, but I've been able to
> successfully figure out how the thing works, except for one little thing.
> can't figure out how to manually accept incoming faxes. I don't have the
> unit plugged into my computer, because I use it mainly for copying and
> faxing and I don't need it hooked up to the printer to perform these
> functions.
>
> If anyone has this machine and knows how to receive incoming faxes, either
> automatically or manually, I would be extremely grateful.
>
> Thank you in advance.
>
> Brigitte J.

Btw, you're WELCOME!!
August 18, 2004 10:00:13 PM

"Ron" <rkrebs1@rcn.com> wrote in message

> "Brigitte" <bas3@rocketmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hi group,
> > I hope someone here can answer a quick question for me. And if this is
> the
> > wrong group, I apologize and ask that you point me in the right
direction.

> > I have the above-mentioned printer/scanner/copier/fax machine. I
> purchased
> > it used on ebay. It came without the manual, but I've been able to
> > successfully figure out how the thing works, except for one little
thing.
> > can't figure out how to manually accept incoming faxes. I don't have
the
> > unit plugged into my computer, because I use it mainly for copying and
> > faxing and I don't need it hooked up to the printer to perform these
> > functions.
> >
> > If anyone has this machine and knows how to receive incoming faxes,
either
> > automatically or manually, I would be extremely grateful.
> >
> > Thank you in advance.
> >
> > Brigitte J.
> >

> Btw, you're WELCOME!!

Ummm...ok, but for what?
August 19, 2004 2:29:04 AM

> "Ron" <rkrebs1@rcn.com> wrote in message
> >
> > "Brigitte" <bas3@rocketmail.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi group,
> > > I hope someone here can answer a quick question for me. And if this
is
> > the
> > > wrong group, I apologize and ask that you point me in the right
> direction.
> > >
> > > I have the above-mentioned printer/scanner/copier/fax machine. I
> > purchased
> > > it used on ebay. It came without the manual, but I've been able to
> > > successfully figure out how the thing works, except for one little
> thing.
> > > can't figure out how to manually accept incoming faxes. I don't have
> the
> > > unit plugged into my computer, because I use it mainly for copying and
> > > faxing and I don't need it hooked up to the printer to perform these
> > > functions.
> > >
> > > If anyone has this machine and knows how to receive incoming faxes,
> either
> > > automatically or manually, I would be extremely grateful.
> > >
> > > Thank you in advance.
> > >
> > > Brigitte J.
> > >

> > Btw, you're WELCOME!!
>
> Ummm...ok, but for what?

Why, for the answer to your question. But maybe you didn't want any help.
Anonymous
August 19, 2004 7:31:12 AM

> "Brigitte" <bas3@rocketmail.com> wrote in message
> >
> > "Ron" <rkrebs1@rcn.com> wrote in message
> > >
> > > "Brigitte" <bas3@rocketmail.com> wrote in message
> is
> > > the
> > direction.

> > > purchased
> > thing.
> > the

> > either

> > > Btw, you're WELCOME!!
> >
> > Ummm...ok, but for what?
> >

> Why, for the answer to your question. But maybe you didn't want any help.

If you offered anything other than a sarcastic "you're welcome", I didn't
see it.

But thanks anyway...

Brigitte
August 19, 2004 7:31:13 AM

> "Ron" <rkrebs1@rcn.com> wrote in message
> >
> > "Brigitte" <bas3@rocketmail.com> wrote in message
> > >
> > > "Ron" <rkrebs1@rcn.com> wrote in message

> > is
> > > direction.

> > > thing.
> have
> > > the
> and

> > > either

> > > Ummm...ok, but for what?
> > >

> > Why, for the answer to your question. But maybe you didn't want any
help.

> If you offered anything other than a sarcastic "you're welcome", I didn't
> see it.
>
> But thanks anyway...
>
> Brigitte

Yeah, here it is dated five days ago. Don't know why you didn't see it.

!