Toshiba E800 Windows Mobile 2003SE Upgrade

August 3, 2004 2:48:00 AM

I recently upgraded my E805 to windows mobile 2003SE. Everything works with
the exception of wifi. I am able to establish a link with my access point
for a couple of minutes then I lose the connection (the signal strength
indicator shows no link). All my settings on the access point (which is a
netgear 802.11b router/access point) including wep are correct, as it works
fine with my IPAQ 5550. On the Toshiba I have wep enabled, disabled IEEE
802.1x leap authentication, as well as changed other parameters such as
preamble to auto mode and disabled the wifi radio power save mode.
I would appreciate any help in this matter. Thanks in
advance.
August 3, 2004 2:48:01 AM

Have you tried Toshiba's free utility? or you can try the Wince utility
though that one costs money it's a good one.

Even though it's for e750 and e755 I know people who've used it on the e800

Good luck
http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/su/su_sc_dtlVie...
"mal" <nospam.home.net> wrote in message
> I recently upgraded my E805 to windows mobile 2003SE. Everything works
with
> the exception of wifi. I am able to establish a link with my access point
> for a couple of minutes then I lose the connection (the signal strength
> indicator shows no link). All my settings on the access point (which is a
> netgear 802.11b router/access point) including wep are correct, as it
works
> fine with my IPAQ 5550. On the Toshiba I have wep enabled, disabled IEEE
> 802.1x leap authentication, as well as changed other parameters such as
> preamble to auto mode and disabled the wifi radio power save mode.
> I would appreciate any help in this matter. Thanks in
> advance.

Anonymous
August 3, 2004 2:48:01 AM

Reply to message from "mal" <nospam.home.net> (Mon, 02 Aug 2004 19:48:00)
about "Toshiba E800 Windows Mobile 2003SE Upgrade":

mal,

I've upgraded my Toshiba e805 to SE and WiFi is working great.

Now ocasionally when I loose a WiFi connection due to weak signal strength,
it's difficult to restablish the link. This happened before the upgrade
BTW. When this happens, the Toshiba troubleshooting software will indicate
it cannot obtain IP numbers from the server. A simple soft reset always
corrects the problem. I would recommend you try that... a soft reset and
see if that helps.

Good luck!

<gyroEREMOVETHISpilot@earthlink.net> Mon, 02 Aug 2004 22:05:00 -0700