Can I use a sodium-cooling system for my PC?

Because water-cooling does not work anymore and I think a
sodium-cooling system could be great for my 1.21 Terahertz machine and
the fusion power supply.

lord_melton@yahoo.com.ar (Carl Dau) wrote in message news:<15f2f483.0404202012.6ea72d63@posting.google.com>...

>Because water-cooling does not work anymore and I think a
>sodium-cooling system could be great for my 1.21 Terahertz
>machine and the fusion power supply.

Why not cool with the liquid helium from the superconducting coils of
your fusion generator?

"R. Anton Rave" <rantonrave@mail.com> wrote...

>>Because water-cooling does not work anymore and I think a
>>sodium-cooling system could be great for my 1.21 Terahertz
>>machine and the fusion power supply.
>
> Why not cool with the liquid helium from the superconducting coils of
> your fusion generator?

Maybe he's using room-temp superconductors...

Besides, escaping helium makes him tawk funny...

"John R Weiss" <jrweiss98155@.comNOSPAMcast.net> wrote in message
> "R. Anton Rave" <rantonrave@mail.com> wrote...
> >
> >>Because water-cooling does not work anymore and I think a
> >>sodium-cooling system could be great for my 1.21 Terahertz
> >>machine and the fusion power supply.
> >
> > Why not cool with the liquid helium from the superconducting coils of
> > your fusion generator?
>
> Maybe he's using room-temp superconductors...
>
> Besides, escaping helium makes him tawk funny...

What you really want is "NaK" a mixture of sodium and potassium. It's a
liquid at room temperatures and above. But if it comes in contact with
water, it will burn explosively. The main advantage of NaK is its very high
thermal capacity -- a small volume can carry a lot of heat. However, plain
old water is just as good in any situation that you and your computer will
be involved in.

"William W. Plummer" <William.PlummerXNOSPAMX@alum.mit.edu> wrote...

>>Because water-cooling does not work anymore and I think a
>>sodium-cooling system could be great for my 1.21 Terahertz
>>machine and the fusion power supply.
>
> What you really want is "NaK" a mixture of sodium and potassium. It's a
> liquid at room temperatures and above. But if it comes in contact with
> water, it will burn explosively. The main advantage of NaK is its very
high
> thermal capacity -- a small volume can carry a lot of heat. However,
plain
> old water is just as good in any situation that you and your computer will
> be involved in.

Good point! NaK may even assist the CPU or the IP stack in servicing "Ack -
Nak" requests!

OTOH, Heavy Water may serve dual purpose as fuel and coolant, depending on
where it's routed...