Cocktail cabinet question

It's been a long time since I played a cocktail game and I was a lot
shorter also :) I noticed that most cocktail cabinets are about 30"
high and I was wondering, do your knees typically straddle the control
panel or do they go under it. I was hoping to make a control panel
about 22" wide and am worried about being able to sit comfortably at
this thing. To complicate things I am 6'- 4" and the wife is 5'-
2".

Mamushka

i ran into the same problem

i have to straddle mine but i still sit too far away to see the other
side of the 19 inch monitor becasue of the curvature of the screen
i should have used a 17 but i wanted pac man to look huge

i have the monitor sideways for veritcal orientation my favs like
centipede,gyruss,congobongo,donkykong,1943

also the problem of fiting a computer and the monitor layin on its
back requited me to have the table top 28" off the deck it feels a bit
tall but my controlls are real knee bangers

made mine with the glass from a stereo cabinet and the leavings of a
library table (with all those privacy dividers)

i have a stick and 2 buttons each on the ends and a keyboard on the
back with a cordless mouse

2000man@gmail.com wrote:
> i ran into the same problem
>
> i have to straddle mine but i still sit too far away to see the other
> side of the 19 inch monitor becasue of the curvature of the screen
> i should have used a 17 but i wanted pac man to look huge
>
> i have the monitor sideways for veritcal orientation my favs like
> centipede,gyruss,congobongo,donkykong,1943
>
> also the problem of fiting a computer and the monitor layin on its
> back requited me to have the table top 28" off the deck it feels a bit
> tall but my controlls are real knee bangers
>
> made mine with the glass from a stereo cabinet and the leavings of a
> library table (with all those privacy dividers)
>
> i have a stick and 2 buttons each on the ends and a keyboard on the
> back with a cordless mouse

Hmmmmm.....Here's a thought. Mount your control panel on locking drawer
slides, then you can pull it out as far as you need to when playing and
push it all the way in when you want it out of the way.

--
Thnik about it!
Deadly_Dad

spadrone@vexed.oarfishs.gov