Lexmark Z22

I recently installed a new black ink cartridge in my Z22 printer the
other day. I haven't used the printer in a few weeks, I try to print
some test pages and nothing comes out, just a blank page with the
tiniest bit of visible characters printed. When I do clean print
nozzles, it spits out ink perfectly and is not faded at all. I am
running XP, and have had the printer for about over a year. I know the
color cartridge is empty, but I still have it in there. I can't figure
out why it will not print black, i've tried reinstalling the drivers
over and over again. Could it be that since the color cartridge is
empty, it won't print black either? Any help is appreciated, thank
you.

On 12 Aug 2004 14:56:23 -0700, brett.harris@gmail.com (brett) wrote:

>I recently installed a new black ink cartridge in my Z22 printer the
>other day. I haven't used the printer in a few weeks, I try to print
>some test pages and nothing comes out, just a blank page with the
>tiniest bit of visible characters printed. When I do clean print
>nozzles, it spits out ink perfectly and is not faded at all. I am
>running XP, and have had the printer for about over a year. I know the
>color cartridge is empty, but I still have it in there. I can't figure
>out why it will not print black, i've tried reinstalling the drivers
>over and over again. Could it be that since the color cartridge is
>empty, it won't print black either? Any help is appreciated, thank
>you.

In the print properties (or in the print dialog before printing),
select Black and White.

Regular printing depends on the colour cartridge to fill in the grey
scale bits, and to smooth out the characters. This might be what's
screwing you up as the printer's probably not smart enough to figure
out that the colour cart is empty (even if you pull it, it probably
still won't figure it out).

As you say a "clean nozzle" print comes out perfectly, I presume that
means it's not a printhead problem.

MCheu

I tried chaning the print dialog to Black/White only, and even to Best
quality when printing...still prints out basically an almost blank
page that has bits and pieces of very faded out print. It acts as if
the cartridge is empty almost, it couldn't be the ink cartridge could
it? I bought one of the Office Depot refilled/refurbished ones.

Blow in the top hole of the caridge mouth right over with a swAL AND
BLOwwwwwwwwwwww THEN OOK AT THE BOTTOM AND SEE IF INK IS COMING OUT ?,
might be still blocked :)

n 14 Aug 2004 10:10:49 -0700, brett.harris@gmail.com (brett) wrote:

>I tried chaning the print dialog to Black/White only, and even to Best
>quality when printing...still prints out basically an almost blank
>page that has bits and pieces of very faded out print. It acts as if
>the cartridge is empty almost, it couldn't be the ink cartridge could
>it? I bought one of the Office Depot refilled/refurbished ones.

HELLO NURSE.