Computer Headset for the Hearing Impaired Recommendation?

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,comp.multimedia (More info?)

Hello:

I'm looking for a stereo computer headset with boom mic or an add-on
amplifier device for the hearing impaired. My mother is almost deaf in
her right ear and she complains that regular headsets are not loud
enough for her. Any suggestions is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

jad

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,comp.multimedia (More info?)

Hi lucky,

I use a AHS-202 Altech lancing setup for all my disabled clients
(myself included). It has a volume control and a MIC boost control on
the cable of the headset. Very reliable and durable. I have not seen a
headset that has an actual 'amp' built in, however there are external
powered amps available from Radio shack

"Lucky Dog" <luckydog@home.com> wrote in message
> Hello:
>
> I'm looking for a stereo computer headset with boom mic or an add-on
> amplifier device for the hearing impaired. My mother is almost deaf
in
> her right ear and she complains that regular headsets are not loud
> enough for her. Any suggestions is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,comp.multimedia (More info?)

Thanks so much for your help JAD. I really appreciate it. I'm off to
look for the AHS-202 headsets.

On Sat, 24 Apr 2004 00:36:17 GMT, "JAD" <jdemma25@eartink.net> wrote:

>Hi lucky,
>
>I use a AHS-202 Altech lancing setup for all my disabled clients
>(myself included). It has a volume control and a MIC boost control on
>the cable of the headset. Very reliable and durable. I have not seen a
>headset that has an actual 'amp' built in, however there are external
>powered amps available from Radio shack
>
>"Lucky Dog" <luckydog@home.com> wrote in message
>> Hello:
>>
>> I'm looking for a stereo computer headset with boom mic or an add-on
>> amplifier device for the hearing impaired. My mother is almost deaf
>in
>> her right ear and she complains that regular headsets are not loud
>> enough for her. Any suggestions is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,comp.multimedia (More info?)

Lucky Dog <luckydog@home.com> wrote in

> Hello:
>
> I'm looking for a stereo computer headset with boom mic or an add-on
> amplifier device for the hearing impaired. My mother is almost deaf in
> her right ear and she complains that regular headsets are not loud
> enough for her. Any suggestions is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Check out these links.

http://www.hellodirect.com/catalog/Product.jhtml?PRODID=11629&CATID=15782
http://www.hellodirect.com/catalog/Product.jhtml?CATID=15783&PRODID=17354

Not cheap though.

--
pat - pat(underscore)blank(at)hotmail(dot)com
"The examined life is no picnic." - Robert Fulghum