MAMEWORLD is DEAD ?

Wesley's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his body
were:
> Have not update since 8th June ?

As said in another thread, the main guy is getting married, and the
others don't have the login codes.

Wesley thought about it a bit, then said...
> Have not update since 8th June ?

KC's on his honeymoon.

--
Kevin Steele
RetroBlast! Retrogaming News and Reviews

On Sun, 26 Jun 2005 08:13:22 -0400, Kevin Steele
<net-replyDEL@DELadelphia.net> wrote:

>Wesley thought about it a bit, then said...
>> Have not update since 8th June ?

>KC's on his honeymoon.

I wonder what he's doing ;-)

PRoToCoL thought about it a bit, then said...
> On Sun, 26 Jun 2005 08:13:22 -0400, Kevin Steele
> <net-replyDEL@DELadelphia.net> wrote:
>
> >Wesley thought about it a bit, then said...
> >> Have not update since 8th June ?
>
> >KC's on his honeymoon.
>
> I wonder what he's doing ;-)

Well, we know it doesn't involve MAMEworld. ;-)

--
Kevin Steele
RetroBlast! Retrogaming News and Reviews
www.retroblast.com

On Sun, 26 Jun 2005 18:22:47 +0100, Terra Cresta
<terra.cresta@NOSPAMpcarcade.tv> wrote:

>Something's going down.

well he is on his honeymoon so I guess it's expected ;-)

On Sun, 26 Jun 2005 17:32:57 GMT, PRoToCoL <protocol@nobloodyway.com>
wrote:

>On Sun, 26 Jun 2005 18:22:47 +0100, Terra Cresta
><terra.cresta@NOSPAMpcarcade.tv> wrote:
>
>>Something's going down.
>
>well he is on his honeymoon so I guess it's expected ;-)

One admin for the entire website? C'mon!

Cheers,
Terra Cresta

PC Arcade
http://www.pcarcade.tv

On Sun, 26 Jun 2005 20:48:05 +0100, Terra Cresta
<terra.cresta@NOSPAMpcarcade.tv> wrote:

>>>Something's going down.

>>well he is on his honeymoon so I guess it's expected ;-)

>One admin for the entire website? C'mon!

Methinks you missed the point TC
T'was a double entendre

Terra Cresta's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his
body were:
> On Sun, 26 Jun 2005 17:32:57 GMT, PRoToCoL <protocol@nobloodyway.com>
> wrote:
>>On Sun, 26 Jun 2005 18:22:47 +0100, Terra Cresta
>><terra.cresta@NOSPAMpcarcade.tv> wrote:
>>>Something's going down.
>>well he is on his honeymoon so I guess it's expected ;-)
> One admin for the entire website? C'mon!

Maybe the others are helping film...

PRoToCoL <protocol@nobloodyway.com> wrote in

> On Sun, 26 Jun 2005 08:13:22 -0400, Kevin Steele
> <net-replyDEL@DELadelphia.net> wrote:
>
>>Wesley thought about it a bit, then said...
>>> Have not update since 8th June ?
>
>>KC's on his honeymoon.
>
> I wonder what he's doing ;-)

BEING KC:

/me walks into a small arcade-sized room behind the photocopier:

'Bloody Hotel; They call it 5-Star and they don't even have a games room
with arcade machines. Bet thoes morons from a.g.m. are already bitchin
about the lack of mameworld updates. - I should have bloody sold MW to
Tim for 5 bucks when he offerred; Fat chance now.' "Yeah, coming
honey..."

lob <lob30REMOVE@yahoo.com> wrote in frenzy of gak fuelled meyhem

> PRoToCoL <protocol@nobloodyway.com> wrote in
>
>> On Sun, 26 Jun 2005 08:13:22 -0400, Kevin Steele
>> <net-replyDEL@DELadelphia.net> wrote:
>>
>>>Wesley thought about it a bit, then said...
>>
>>>KC's on his honeymoon.
>>
>> I wonder what he's doing ;-)
>
> BEING KC:

(Snip)
"Yeah, coming honey..."

Shouldnt he wait until hes in the room first?

beleive me, one thing worse than making a mess on the pillow, is making a
mess in the reception area

AnonyMouse wrote:
> AnonyMouse <send_me_some_spam@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:

>>Will you quit talking about that gooky stuff you guys?

Is this some type of racial slur on Asian P0rn? Careful, Baby Jesus
hates racism.

> How do I go about killfiling this thread in Outlook Express? All I find is
> blocked senders!

Here is how: Right click where it says "Alt.games.Mame" and pick
"Unsubscribe". Good Luck.

--
FSogol

SINNER wrote:

> fix the damn virus and install a real newsreader already. Do you
> drive your car with a flat tire for months at a time?

Whoa. Deja Vu all over again.

--
FSogol

mcr

Distinguished
May 10, 2004

SINNER wrote:
Snipped

>>How do I go about killfiling this thread in Outlook Express? All I
>>find is blocked senders!
>>

> fix the damn virus and install a real newsreader already. Do you
> drive your car with a flat tire for months at a time?

No, he drives his car with a flat, then explains to everyone that will
listen why he cannot change the tyre, but promises to do it "one day".

Does anyone actually know of any virus (or malware for that matter) that
will prevent the installation of anything? I've heard of some that
block antivirus programs, some that stop adaware, but none that stop
Xnews??? In fact xnews isnt installed IIRC it is a compressed folder
that you extract and run from the location of your choice.
--
MCR
MAME(tm) - History In The Making

MCR wrote:

> Does anyone actually know of any virus (or malware for that matter) that
> will prevent the installation of anything?

Yes, Windows 98 after running for a few years loses some of its needed
files (unistallers remove files, direct X changes them, etc) As it gets
worse, .EXEs won't run, things won't install, etc. The only cure is to
format C and reinstall Windows.
--
FSogol

sinner

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

* MCR Wrote in alt.games.mame:

> SINNER wrote:
> Snipped
>
>>>How do I go about killfiling this thread in Outlook Express? All
>>>I find is blocked senders!
>>>

>> fix the damn virus and install a real newsreader already. Do you
>> drive your car with a flat tire for months at a time?
>>

> No, he drives his car with a flat, then explains to everyone that
> will listen why he cannot change the tyre, but promises to do it
> "one day".
>
> Does anyone actually know of any virus (or malware for that
> matter) that will prevent the installation of anything?

Not without much deeper consequences. ie that would not be the ONLY
symptom.

> I've
> heard of some that block antivirus programs, some that stop
> adaware, but none that stop Xnews??? In fact xnews isnt installed
> IIRC it is a compressed folder that you extract and run from the
> location of your choice.

EXACTLY but mouse boy over here hasnt even tried to fix to the
problem. He's like the dog that lays on the porch right over a nail
sticking up. He continues to yelp about the pain but still dosent
move.

--
David

sinner

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

* FSogol Wrote in alt.games.mame:

> AnonyMouse wrote:

[...]

>> How do I go about killfiling this thread in Outlook Express? All
>> I find is blocked senders!
>>
> Here is how: Right click where it says "Alt.games.Mame" and pick
> "Unsubscribe". Good Luck.

ROTFLMMFAO!

--
David

On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 15:34:04 GMT, SINNER
<arcade.master@googlemail.net> wrote:

>>> Which side of the camera are you referring to you great big stud
>>> ya! ;-)
>>
>> Will you quit talking about that gooky stuff you guys?

>Get over it.

Fnarr fnarr ;-)

MCR <markcoleman10@ntlworld.com> wrote:
> SINNER wrote:
> Snipped
>
>>> How do I go about killfiling this thread in Outlook Express? All I
>>> find is blocked senders!
>>>

>> fix the damn virus and install a real newsreader already. Do you
>> drive your car with a flat tire for months at a time?
>>

> No, he drives his car with a flat, then explains to everyone that will
> listen why he cannot change the tyre, but promises to do it "one day".
>
> Does anyone actually know of any virus (or malware for that matter)
> that will prevent the installation of anything? I've heard of some
> that block antivirus programs, some that stop adaware, but none that
> stop Xnews??? In fact xnews isnt installed IIRC it is a compressed
> folder that you extract and run from the location of your choice.

It installs OK, but it won't access the Internet connection.

SINNER <arcade.master@googlemail.net> wrote:
> * MCR Wrote in alt.games.mame:
>
>> SINNER wrote:
>> Snipped

>>> fix the damn virus and install a real newsreader already. Do you
>>> drive your car with a flat tire for months at a time?
>>>

>> No, he drives his car with a flat, then explains to everyone that
>> will listen why he cannot change the tyre, but promises to do it
>> "one day".
>>
>> Does anyone actually know of any virus (or malware for that
>> matter) that will prevent the installation of anything?
>
> Not without much deeper consequences. ie that would not be the ONLY
> symptom.
>
>> I've
>> heard of some that block antivirus programs, some that stop
>> adaware, but none that stop Xnews??? In fact xnews isnt installed
>> IIRC it is a compressed folder that you extract and run from the
>> location of your choice.
>
> EXACTLY but mouse boy over here hasnt even tried to fix to the
> problem. He's like the dog that lays on the porch right over a nail
> sticking up. He continues to yelp about the pain but still dosent
> move.

I will reformat the hard drive this month! So quit teasing me soon I will
have a real newsreader!

mcr

Distinguished
May 10, 2004

AnonyMouse wrote:
Snipped

>>Does anyone actually know of any virus (or malware for that matter)
>>that will prevent the installation of anything? I've heard of some
>>that block antivirus programs, some that stop adaware, but none that
>>stop Xnews??? In fact xnews isnt installed IIRC it is a compressed
>>folder that you extract and run from the location of your choice.
>

> It installs OK, but it won't access the Internet connection.

Your virus, i've found it, it's called Windows. It insists that you use
the tools that came with your pc and stops other programs from working
properly. Dont worry, this virus is very common, I have it too.
--
MCR
MAME(tm) - History In The Making

AnonyMouse's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his
body were:
> SINNER <arcade.master@googlemail.net> wrote:
>> EXACTLY but mouse boy over here hasnt even tried to fix to the
>> problem. He's like the dog that lays on the porch right over a nail
>> sticking up. He continues to yelp about the pain but still dosent
>> move.
> I will reformat the hard drive this month! So quit teasing me soon I will
> have a real newsreader!

We'll quit teasing when you stop giving us reason to.

On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 21:40:09 GMT, MCR wrote:
> AnonyMouse wrote:
> Snipped
>
>>>Does anyone actually know of any virus (or malware for that matter)
>>>that will prevent the installation of anything? I've heard of some
>>>that block antivirus programs, some that stop adaware, but none that
>>>stop Xnews??? In fact xnews isnt installed IIRC it is a compressed
>>>folder that you extract and run from the location of your choice.
>>

>> It installs OK, but it won't access the Internet connection.
>>

> Your virus, i've found it, it's called Windows.

And that from your mouth. ;-)

Btw. what happend to your xmame?

> It insists that you use
> the tools that came with your pc and stops other programs from working
> properly. Dont worry, this virus is very common, I have it too.

None of you have. There are other - more painless - operating systems. Like
BeOS and stuff. :)

I assume he has a kind of desktop firewall. Lets malware connect to
their master but block other applications.
--
Andreas

PGP Keys available, see key servers

On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 21:15:22 GMT, AnonyMouse wrote:
> SINNER <arcade.master@googlemail.net> wrote:
>> * MCR Wrote in alt.games.mame:
>>
>>> I've
>>> heard of some that block antivirus programs, some that stop
>>> adaware,

Only if both runs with same user permissions. And since most Windows
users are permanently Administratorantivirus can get stoped by malware.

>>> but none that stop Xnews???

Malware might have no interest to stop this. It's not harming the job
malware has to do.

One thing is when he is Administrator malware rewrites dlls to their
needs. If the same dll is used by Xnews it might affect it.

>> EXACTLY but mouse boy over here hasnt even tried to fix to the
>> problem. He's like the dog that lays on the porch right over a nail
>> sticking up. He continues to yelp about the pain but still dosent
>> move.
>
> I will reformat the hard drive this month!

#v+
ankman@kitten:~ $ date
Tue Jun 28 22:15:04 EDT 2005
#v-

So two days left. :)

> So quit teasing me soon I will
> have a real newsreader!

And do yourself a favor and be not Administrator again.
--

* Andreas Kohlbach wrote in alt.games.mame:
> On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 21:40:09 GMT, MCR wrote:
>> AnonyMouse wrote:
>> Snipped

>>> It installs OK, but it won't access the Internet connection.

>> Your virus, i've found it, it's called Windows.

> And that from your mouth. ;-)

My thoughts exactly. However it seems as though he is back on track
lately ;)

I recently grabbed the Ubuntu DVD install as well but I dont really have
the space to play ATM.
--
David
And anyone can be tooted?