refill ink for canon mp390

Hello all,
I am printing brochures and have been going through alot of ink. I was
thinking of refilling my empty cartridges. Is this a good idea or is it hard
on the print head? Also, which type of refill ink is best? Anything else I
should be aware of?
Kudos
Steve

On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 10:10:09 -0400, "not Steve Buscemi"
<sjwNOSPAM@ripnet.com> wrote:

>Hello all,
>I am printing brochures and have been going through alot of ink. I was
>thinking of refilling my empty cartridges. Is this a good idea or is it hard
>on the print head? Also, which type of refill ink is best? Anything else I
>should be aware of?
>Kudos
>Steve

Definately refill yourself. The only thing to beware of is using good
high quality ink from a reputable source. Here is a small list of well
known vendors to this group. Buy bulk inks.

www.alotofthings.com (my favorite)
www.atlanticinkjet.com
www.weink.com

Also, here is some info from alotofthings.com

"We would like to point out that the BCI-21e and BCI-24 though
identical in appearance contain very different ink sets. The BCI-21e
uses a dye based black where the BCI-24 uses pigmented black.
Do not mix the black or colors between these two cartridge sets."