Floating point support not loaded

Archived from groups: comp.sys.laptops,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt (More info?)

Trying to load a Lexmark Z23 printer to an old Cyrix MediaGx 266 processor.
Gives me the above message.
Have finally won the battle of display and USB, now this is what I get. Am
I at a dead end, or is there something else I can fiddle with?
About ready to throw the towel in.
Thanks.
Mark
1 answer Last reply
More about floating point support loaded
  1. Archived from groups: comp.sys.laptops,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt (More info?)

    pheasant wrote:
    > Trying to load a Lexmark Z23 printer to an old Cyrix MediaGx 266
    > processor. Gives me the above message.
    > Have finally won the battle of display and USB, now this is what I
    > get. Am I at a dead end, or is there something else I can fiddle
    > with?
    > About ready to throw the towel in.
    > Thanks.
    > Mark

    Floating Point Unit (FPU) or Math Coprocessor Support is often a setting
    in BIOS Setup, F2, Del, Esc, etc, at power-on. It imight be turned off
    in this laptop, the Cyrix CPU does not have coprocessor support (I doubt
    this), or there is a mainboard driver that is missing. The coprocessor
    should show up in Device Manager.

Homebuilt Systems