Peer To Peer Via Wireless?

Last response: in Wireless Networking
Share
May 24, 2005 12:53:19 AM

Hi There

I have 3 computers on my wireless network. All 3 are winXp Home addition
with service pack 2. I have a Belkin wireless/cable router. Set up as
follows:

Computer 1
========
Connected to wireless router by cable

Computer 2
========
Connected to wireless router by Belkin USB wireless Access point (802.11g)

Computer 3
========
Connected to wireless router by Belkin USB wireless Access point (802.11g)

All computers have the same WORKGROUP name. All computers can successfully
share the ASDL broadband internet via the router. I also have WPA security
running successfully.

The Problem
==========
I want to share files and printer connection with all 3 computers. The
problem is that all the computers seem isolated from each other. I can not
see them in Network Neighbourhood on any computer. I have opened up the
firewalls on the router and each PC to let through the IP address of our
LAN, but still no joy!

The software on the wireless connections does offer a peer to peer, but
selecting this did not work.

This is really making me mad!! Any help offered will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!!!

Kind regards

Ady

More about : peer peer wireless

Anonymous
a b F Wireless
May 24, 2005 12:53:20 AM

Hi
Your problem is not a Wireless Issue but rather a Sharing issue.
Jack (MVP-Networking).

!