will 4X agp card work in an asus A7V8X-s mobo?

HI,

I'm gonna build a box for a buddy and use his old video card in it.
We decided on an Asus A7V8X-x mobo. Looking up the specs it has an 8X AGP
slot. We want to use his old 4X card in it. It didn't mention, at Asus's
website, if older cards will work in it.

Can anybody tell me if a 4X card will work in it?

thanks,

Sammy
2 answers Last reply
More about will card work asus a7v8x mobo

    ~Aart wrote:
    > HI,
    >
    > I'm gonna build a box for a buddy and use his old video card in it.
    > We decided on an Asus A7V8X-x mobo. Looking up the specs it has an
    > 8X AGP slot. We want to use his old 4X card in it. It didn't
    > mention, at Asus's website, if older cards will work in it.
    >
    > Can anybody tell me if a 4X card will work in it?

    Yes, it'll work.

    For future reference
    http://mirror.ati.com/support/faq/agpchart.html

    > > Can anybody tell me if a 4X card will work in it?
    >

    > Yes, it'll work.

    thanks.

Homebuilt Asus Hardware Graphics Cards Systems