Bluetooth streaming sound from PC

August 3, 2004 8:27:36 PM

hello,

Is there any way to stream sound from my desktop computer to my ipaq
by bluetooth? Not just music but desktop sounds like alerts that I
would hear through my speakers. I have an ipaq 2200. Also, is there
any way to boost the range on my bluetooth?
Anonymous
August 6, 2004 4:04:53 PM

I'm also interested in streaming songs via bluetooth. If anyone has ever
tried it, please answer to this topic

"Mark" <SchubertM@neocom.net> escreveu na mensagem
> hello,
>
> Is there any way to stream sound from my desktop computer to my ipaq
> by bluetooth? Not just music but desktop sounds like alerts that I
> would hear through my speakers. I have an ipaq 2200. Also, is there
> any way to boost the range on my bluetooth?
Anonymous
August 6, 2004 8:21:11 PM

On Fri, 6 Aug 2004 12:04:53 -0300, Mario Ferreira "CRusheR"
<crusher@inatel.br> wrote:

> I'm also interested in streaming songs via bluetooth. If anyone has ever
> tried it, please answer to this topic
>

> "Mark" <SchubertM@neocom.net> escreveu na mensagem
>> hello,
>>
>> Is there any way to stream sound from my desktop computer to my ipaq
>> by bluetooth? Not just music but desktop sounds like alerts that I
>> would hear through my speakers. I have an ipaq 2200. Also, is there
>> any way to boost the range on my bluetooth?

Sure, Install windows media encoder available for free at
www.microsoft.com and install it. Then run through the start up wizard
setting up a "broadcast" from your computer. Then set up all of your MP3s
into a playlist or whatever and get them playing. Run the Windows media
encoder session and it will broadcast what it hears on the desktop,
including alerts, etc :)

You may have to fiddle with the encoding sizes and rates, but other than
that, it's easy.

Works for me! Hope it works for you.
Brad

--