Source for Info on Printer Functions

Greetings. I'm looking to purchase a new printer. I specifically
want one that will feed 11x17 paper. Is there a site that provides
ratings/prices/comments/etc. on printers that will let me "dial in"
paper size as a criteria so I don't have to screen the specs. for
every printer?

Alternatively, anybody have recommendations for a good, durable
printer in the $200-$300 or so range that will handle the 11x17 paper
(as well as std. 8 1/2x11, of course)?

"Art Coe" <acwaterman@cs.com> wrote in message
> Greetings. I'm looking to purchase a new printer. I specifically
> want one that will feed 11x17 paper. Is there a site that provides
> ratings/prices/comments/etc. on printers that will let me "dial in"
> paper size as a criteria so I don't have to screen the specs. for
> every printer?
>
> Alternatively, anybody have recommendations for a good, durable
> printer in the $200-$300 or so range that will handle the 11x17 paper
> (as well as std. 8 1/2x11, of course)?

You might take a look at the HP DeskJet 9300 at $299:
http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/us/en/ho/WF06b/18972-236251-236261-14438-f17-295930-295932-295933.html
or the DeskJet 9650, a bit above your price range but which has improved photo
printing capability:
http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/us/en/ho/WF06b/18972-236251-236261-14438-f17-306780-306782-306783.html

Regards,
MS MVP Printing/Imaging