AMD stock fan Fan

Blink

Hi

Wondered if anybody knew of a UK supplier of AMD stock cpu hs fans or
fan/hs complete?

My standard AMD fan has gone into the buzz zone. I fitted a Vantec
Aeroflow as a replacement - very efficient, but couldn't stand the
noise and peculiar pong it emanated.

Looking round for a replacement fan only, can find only 60mm case fans
which turn at around 2500 rpm or accredited screamers like the Sunon.

Maplin have one which turns at 3800rpm, anybobdy have any exprerience
of their own brand fans?

Bottom line, I just want a replacement standard AMD fan...:-(

Anybody???

Andy

Doesn't the fan have a three-year warranty?

"blink" <blink@eegah.com> wrote in message

" Bottom line, I just want a replacement standard AMD fan... "

If I were you, I would forget the standard AMD fans.

I recommend the Arctic-Cooling Copper Silent 2 TC R2 (£8.41)
http://snipurl.com/5ov7

If you want a slim fan, the Arctic-Cooling Slim Silent Pro TC (£11.74)
http://snipurl.com/6f9t

If you have a window case, the Arctic-Cooling Copper Silent 2L (£8.22)
http://snipurl.com/5ov8

Blink

On Sat, 15 May 2004 00:40:55 +0100, "Cuzman" <cuzNOSPAM@supanet.com>
wrote:

>>" Bottom line, I just want a replacement standard AMD fan... "
>

>If I were you, I would forget the standard AMD fans.
>
>I recommend the Arctic-Cooling Copper Silent 2 TC R2 (£8.41)
>http://snipurl.com/5ov7
>
>If you want a slim fan, the Arctic-Cooling Slim Silent Pro TC (£11.74)
>http://snipurl.com/6f9t
>
>If you have a window case, the Arctic-Cooling Copper Silent 2L (£8.22)
>http://snipurl.com/5ov8

Thanks for the pointers. But, after the Vantec, I'm really wary of
aftermarket fans. The standard fan was pretty discreet noise wise.

I will continue on my weary search :)

(Cpu is three and a half years old, Andy)

Charles

Maybe try a Speeze Falcon Rock. It is an oversized but tapered CPU
Cooler with a slower rpm 80mm fan. In the US I can buy one of these
for less than $20.00 US delivered from www.newegg.com

Here is a picture:

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=35-150-023&depa=1

>Hi
>
>Wondered if anybody knew of a UK supplier of AMD stock cpu hs fans or
>fan/hs complete?
>
>My standard AMD fan has gone into the buzz zone. I fitted a Vantec
>Aeroflow as a replacement - very efficient, but couldn't stand the
>noise and peculiar pong it emanated.
>
>Looking round for a replacement fan only, can find only 60mm case fans
>which turn at around 2500 rpm or accredited screamers like the Sunon.
>
>Maplin have one which turns at 3800rpm, anybobdy have any exprerience
>of their own brand fans?
>
>Bottom line, I just want a replacement standard AMD fan...:-(
>

>Anybody???

Blink

Thanks Wes and USA_Guy.

If I can't find a stock amd fan, I'll think I'll go with the 60 - 80
mm adapter and a Panaflo 80mm case fan.

Cheers

TRENDING THREADS