Hi,
I have a computer with
-Gigabyte mainboard
-Amd athlon Xp 1600+
-256 MB DDR pc2100
-300 watt Powersupply
-Windows XP

-Epson perfection 1250

The problem is that on some reason winxp the scanner not reconizes but if i put winme on my system the scanner works without any problem so if you have any suggestions reply to this post

Hilltop
December 15, 2001 11:52:22 AM

Well, I can't really help you there. I had the same problem and I tried fixing it for a couple of days. I even considered reformating my computer. But finally, I decided to get a hassle-free scanner instead with good Windows XP drivers. I returned my Epson Perfection 1250 for a Canon CanoScan N1240U and it worked perfectly right without any problems. I also love Adobe Photoshop Elements that came with the Canon!! It has all the popular features of Photoshop 6 that an amateur would love without the high cost.

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor
December 16, 2001 3:13:11 PM

have you trying a driver upgrade from epson or ms ?

(i know, this is annoying but else is worst, is to email support)

EasyInfo :cool:
I would like to Invest for my PC !!
ok, buy nothing.
Related resources
December 19, 2001 11:48:11 PM

reformating your computer for a scan ?

ok, buy nothing.
December 24, 2001 4:36:50 AM

Did you get the newest driver from Epson's web site. I did not have any problem with this scanner in Windows 2000.
December 24, 2001 11:09:28 AM

Yes, I couldn't get the drivers to work!!

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor
December 24, 2001 2:21:52 PM

so i think i don't understand the expression "Reformating my computer"

for me it's to reformat your HD

ok, buy nothing.
December 24, 2001 2:30:07 PM

yeah, that's what I meant, lol.

December 24, 2001 2:49:41 PM

rol

ok, buy nothing.
Anonymous
December 29, 2001 1:31:00 PM

All it means is that a lot of makers of devices have not or did not get their driver/updates out in time when XP came out. Check manufacturer website for XP updates.

<font color=orange>Beam</font color=orange><font color=red> me</font color=red><font color=green> up</font color=green><font color=blue> Scotty</font color=blue> :wink:
December 29, 2001 1:55:14 PM

lol, there were updated drivers but I couldn't get them to work!

January 18, 2002 4:12:58 PM

I have a Perfection 1240U and was able to use the W2K driver to get it to work with XP. I got some errors in the beginning with Photoshop but I was able to resolve them. I will investigate and let you know what I had to do.

Intel = Ford
AMD = Chevy
Friends don't let friends drive Fords
January 19, 2002 4:35:44 PM

It's ok. I'm happy with my Canon N1240U now. It's sleeker, and better quality. Plus, it comes Adobe PhotoShop Elements. I'm now happy with Canon + WinXP.

February 7, 2002 12:42:26 AM

I had a TON of TROUBLE getting my NOMAD JUKEBOX software to work with XP...i was downloading the Driver and everything....I finally got it to work... When i downloaded the Driver, i went into the Device Manager..Clicked on the Hardware and did an UpDate Driver..Worked Fine...

Later/ Rob

Once you go AMD, You never Go back!!
!