Sprint, Cingular, Verizon admit to worthless coverage maps.

Archived from groups: alt.cellular,alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

http://www.team4news.com/Global/story.asp?S=2069335

AUSTIN, Texas

Under the terms of the agreement, Cingular Wireless, Sprint PCS and
Verizon Wireless must provide customers with coverage-area maps that are
as accurate as current technology allows; give consumers at least two
weeks to terminate service contracts without incurring penalties; and
change the way they advertise and sell services and coverage.

http://www.oag.state.tx.us/oagNews/release.php?id=533
60 answers Last reply
More about sprint cingular verizon admit worthless coverage maps
  1. Archived from groups: alt.cellular,alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

    In <rmarkoff-4ADED7.12163321072004@news3.west.earthlink.net> on Wed, 21 Jul
    2004 17:16:33 GMT, "Røbert M." <rmarkoff@faq.cIty> wrote:

    >http://www.team4news.com/Global/story.asp?S=2069335
    >
    >AUSTIN, Texas
    >
    >Under the terms of the agreement, Cingular Wireless, Sprint PCS and
    >Verizon Wireless must provide customers with coverage-area maps that are
    >as accurate as current technology allows; give consumers at least two
    >weeks to terminate service contracts without incurring penalties; and
    >change the way they advertise and sell services and coverage.
    >
    >http://www.oag.state.tx.us/oagNews/release.php?id=533

    In fact the carriers didn't "admit" to anything of the kind:

    42. Carrier is entering into this Assurance solely for the purposes
    of settlement. Nothing contained in this Assurance may be taken as or
    construed to be an admission by Carrier or as evidence supporting any
    of the allegations raised by the Attorneys General, any matter of
    fact or law, any violation of state or federal law, or any other
    liability or wrongdoing whatsoever, including without limitation an
    admission by Carrier that any of its business practices are or have
    been unfair or deceptive, or violate or have violated any of the
    Consumer Statutes of any of the Participating States, all of which
    Carrier expressly denies.

  2. Archived from groups: alt.cellular,alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

    And Phillipe gets more creative with Subject lines once again ...

    For a more detailed report, including the list of states, here's another
    link -

    http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/040721/wireless_consumer_rights_2.html

    Bob

    "Røbert M." <rmarkoff@faq.cIty> wrote in message
    > http://www.team4news.com/Global/story.asp?S=2069335
    >

    > AUSTIN, Texas
    >

    > Under the terms of the agreement, Cingular Wireless, Sprint PCS and
    > Verizon Wireless must provide customers with coverage-area maps that are
    > as accurate as current technology allows; give consumers at least two
    > weeks to terminate service contracts without incurring penalties; and
    > change the way they advertise and sell services and coverage.
    >

    > http://www.oag.state.tx.us/oagNews/release.php?id=533
  3. Archived from groups: alt.cellular,alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

    Not in support of anyone's opinion here, but most out-of-court settlements
    include a denial of liability. The fact one exists has little bearing on
    whether or not they do, in fact, use deceptive trade practices.

    > In <rmarkoff-4ADED7.12163321072004@news3.west.earthlink.net> on Wed, 21
    Jul
    > 2004 17:16:33 GMT, "Røbert M." <rmarkoff@faq.cIty> wrote:
    >
    > >http://www.team4news.com/Global/story.asp?S=2069335
    > >
    > >AUSTIN, Texas
    > >
    > >Under the terms of the agreement, Cingular Wireless, Sprint PCS and
    > >Verizon Wireless must provide customers with coverage-area maps that are
    > >as accurate as current technology allows; give consumers at least two
    > >weeks to terminate service contracts without incurring penalties; and
    > >change the way they advertise and sell services and coverage.
    > >
    > >http://www.oag.state.tx.us/oagNews/release.php?id=533
    >

    > In fact the carriers didn't "admit" to anything of the kind:
  4. Archived from groups: alt.cellular,alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

    In article <JkyLc.10904$Qu5.4971@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
    "Bob Smith" <usirsclt@earthlink.net> wrote:

    > And Phillipe gets more creative with Subject lines once again ...

    And Smith, the Sprint apologist won't admit. The coverage maps are
    worthless and hence the lawsuits and settlement.

    Read the PDFs, not some lame story thats a cut and paste from a
    press release.

    http://www.oag.state.tx.us/oagNews/release.php?id=533
  5. Archived from groups: alt.cellular,alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

    In article <0ayLc.3469$54.48014@typhoon.sonic.net>,
    John Navas <jnrelay1@sonic.net> wrote:

    > In <rmarkoff-4ADED7.12163321072004@news3.west.earthlink.net> on Wed, 21 Jul
    > 2004 17:16:33 GMT, "Røbert M." <rmarkoff@faq.cIty> wrote:
    >
    > >http://www.team4news.com/Global/story.asp?S=2069335
    > >
    > >AUSTIN, Texas
    > >
    > >Under the terms of the agreement, Cingular Wireless, Sprint PCS and
    > >Verizon Wireless must provide customers with coverage-area maps that are
    > >as accurate as current technology allows; give consumers at least two
    > >weeks to terminate service contracts without incurring penalties; and
    > >change the way they advertise and sell services and coverage.
    > >
    > >http://www.oag.state.tx.us/oagNews/release.php?id=533
    >

    > In fact the carriers didn't "admit" to anything of the kind:
    >
    > 42. Carrier is entering into this Assurance solely for the purposes
    > of settlement. Nothing contained in this Assurance may be taken as or
    > construed to be an admission by Carrier or as evidence supporting any
    > of the allegations raised by the Attorneys General, any matter of
    > fact or law, any violation of state or federal law, or any other
    > liability or wrongdoing whatsoever, including without limitation an
    > admission by Carrier that any of its business practices are or have
    > been unfair or deceptive, or violate or have violated any of the
    > Consumer Statutes of any of the Participating States, all of which
    > Carrier expressly denies.

    Of course thats what had to be agreed to to get a settlement. Navas,
    another Cellular apologist.

    Everyone but Navas and Smith accepts how worthless current coverage
    coverage maps are.
  6. Archived from groups: alt.cellular,alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

    "Røbert M." wrote:

    > In article <JkyLc.10904$Qu5.4971@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
    > "Bob Smith" <usirsclt@earthlink.net> wrote:
    >
    > > And Phillipe gets more creative with Subject lines once again ...
    >
    > And Smith, the Sprint apologist won't admit. The coverage maps are
    > worthless and hence the lawsuits and settlement.
    >
    > Read the PDFs, not some lame story thats a cut and paste from a
    > press release.
    >
    > http://www.oag.state.tx.us/oagNews/release.php?id=533

    Life, for you, at this point, probably won't get any better, what with
    the phone companies having been found guilty... Isn't that what you've
    lived for?

    I'd say it's a pretty good time for you to contemplate suicide.

    Notan
  7. Archived from groups: alt.cellular,alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

    In article <40FEDC03.64512B90@ddress.com>, Notan <notan@ddress.com>
    wrote:

    > "Røbert M." wrote:
    > >
    > > In article <JkyLc.10904$Qu5.4971@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
    > > "Bob Smith" <usirsclt@earthlink.net> wrote:
    > >
    > > > And Phillipe gets more creative with Subject lines once again ...
    > >
    > > And Smith, the Sprint apologist won't admit. The coverage maps are
    > > worthless and hence the lawsuits and settlement.
    > >
    > > Read the PDFs, not some lame story thats a cut and paste from a
    > > press release.
    > >
    > > http://www.oag.state.tx.us/oagNews/release.php?id=533
    >
    > Life, for you, at this point, probably won't get any better, what with
    > the phone companies having been found guilty... Isn't that what you've
    > lived for?
    >
    > I'd say it's a pretty good time for you to contemplate suicide.

    And this is supposed to excuse the cellular carriers, and their shills
    trying to spin this all into not meaningful?

    Sorry, I'll still be HERE for a while, enjoying my new PowerMac G5.
  8. Archived from groups: alt.cellular,alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

    On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 21:14:23 GMT, "Røbert M." <rmarkoff@faq.cIty>
    wrote:

    >In article <40FEDC03.64512B90@ddress.com>, Notan <notan@ddress.com>
    >wrote:
    >
    >> "Røbert M." wrote:

    >Sorry, I'll still be HERE for a while, enjoying my new PowerMac G5.

    I am more sorry than you.
  9. Archived from groups: alt.cellular,alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

    "Røbert M." wrote:

    > In article <40FEDC03.64512B90@ddress.com>, Notan <notan@ddress.com>
    > wrote:
    >
    > > "Røbert M." wrote:

    > > > And Smith, the Sprint apologist won't admit. The coverage maps are
    > > > worthless and hence the lawsuits and settlement.
    > > >
    > > > Read the PDFs, not some lame story thats a cut and paste from a
    > > > press release.
    > > >
    > > > http://www.oag.state.tx.us/oagNews/release.php?id=533
    > >
    > > Life, for you, at this point, probably won't get any better, what with
    > > the phone companies having been found guilty... Isn't that what you've
    > > lived for?
    > >
    > > I'd say it's a pretty good time for you to contemplate suicide.
    >
    > And this is supposed to excuse the cellular carriers, and their shills
    > trying to spin this all into not meaningful?

    Nope, no excuse.

    Just a constructive suggestion.

    Notan
  10. Archived from groups: alt.cellular,alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

    In article <spntf0d2vnaa93iue85mfkqsdf0feg5f8r@4ax.com>,
    Charles <Charles> wrote:

    > On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 21:14:23 GMT, "Røbert M." <rmarkoff@faq.cIty>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >In article <40FEDC03.64512B90@ddress.com>, Notan <notan@ddress.com>
    > >wrote:
    > >
    > >> "Røbert M." wrote:
    >
    > >Sorry, I'll still be HERE for a while, enjoying my new PowerMac G5.
    >
    > I am more sorry than you.
    You'd prefer carriers continue their dishonest ways?

    http://columbus.bizjournals.com/columbus/stories/2004/07/19/daily16.html

    The rest of us are sorry about the worthless coverage maps the cellular
    carriers foist in consumers.

    And a particular irony is a Cingular Press Release today. After
    advertising their National GSM for months (years?) today they announce
    they finally have coverage in the Florida panhandle.

    http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/040720/cltu028_1.html
  11. Archived from groups: alt.cellular,alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

    In article <40FEDD87.B4DACEED@ddress.com>, Notan <notan@ddress.com>
    wrote:

    > "Røbert M." wrote:
    > >
    > > In article <40FEDC03.64512B90@ddress.com>, Notan <notan@ddress.com>
    > > wrote:

    > > > Life, for you, at this point, probably won't get any better, what with
    > > > the phone companies having been found guilty... Isn't that what you've
    > > > lived for?
    > > >
    > > > I'd say it's a pretty good time for you to contemplate suicide.
    > >
    > > And this is supposed to excuse the cellular carriers, and their shills
    > > trying to spin this all into not meaningful?
    >
    > Nope, no excuse.
    >
    > Just a constructive suggestion.

    You are sick. No one else calls suicide constructive.

    PLONK
  12. Archived from groups: alt.cellular,alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

    Well, we all knew deceit and fraudulent ways were within the walls of these
    companies and it takes an article to figure that out? Please, why would a
    cellular company have a good legible coverage map...so they don't have to be
    liable for certain areas their not even sure about! O by the way...Verizon
    does have the best network around and I can make calls anytime and anywhere
    I am...so let the fraud continue and I'll be happy to keep paying them. No
    problem.

    "Røbert M." <rmarkoff@faq.cIty> wrote in message
    > http://www.team4news.com/Global/story.asp?S=2069335
    >

    > AUSTIN, Texas
    >

    > Under the terms of the agreement, Cingular Wireless, Sprint PCS and
    > Verizon Wireless must provide customers with coverage-area maps that are
    > as accurate as current technology allows; give consumers at least two
    > weeks to terminate service contracts without incurring penalties; and
    > change the way they advertise and sell services and coverage.
    >

    > http://www.oag.state.tx.us/oagNews/release.php?id=533
  13. Archived from groups: alt.cellular,alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

    Well, its about time.

    Røbert M. wrote:
    > http://www.team4news.com/Global/story.asp?S=2069335
    >

    > AUSTIN, Texas
    >

    > Under the terms of the agreement, Cingular Wireless, Sprint PCS and
    > Verizon Wireless must provide customers with coverage-area maps that are
    > as accurate as current technology allows; give consumers at least two
    > weeks to terminate service contracts without incurring penalties; and
    > change the way they advertise and sell services and coverage.
    >

    > http://www.oag.state.tx.us/oagNews/release.php?id=533
  14. Archived from groups: alt.cellular,alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

    In <rmarkoff-65C6C4.16012321072004@news3.west.earthlink.net> on Wed, 21 Jul
    2004 21:01:23 GMT, "Røbert M." <rmarkoff@faq.cIty> wrote:

    >In article <0ayLc.3469$54.48014@typhoon.sonic.net>,
    > John Navas <jnrelay1@sonic.net> wrote:

    >> In fact the carriers didn't "admit" to anything of the kind:
    >>
    >> 42. Carrier is entering into this Assurance solely for the purposes
    >> of settlement. Nothing contained in this Assurance may be taken as or
    >> construed to be an admission by Carrier or as evidence supporting any
    >> of the allegations raised by the Attorneys General, any matter of
    >> fact or law, any violation of state or federal law, or any other
    >> liability or wrongdoing whatsoever, including without limitation an
    >> admission by Carrier that any of its business practices are or have
    >> been unfair or deceptive, or violate or have violated any of the
    >> Consumer Statutes of any of the Participating States, all of which
    >> Carrier expressly denies.
    >
    >Of course thats what had to be agreed to to get a settlement.

    In other words, you were dishonest.

    >Navas,
    >another Cellular apologist.

    Nope. "Just the facts, nothing but the facts."

    >Everyone but Navas and Smith accepts how worthless current coverage
    >coverage maps are.

    Meaningless and irrelevant to your claim; in other words, just a sleazy
    attempt to divert attention from your dishonesty.

    Not even a nice try. No cigar.

  15. Archived from groups: alt.cellular,alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

    In <rmarkoff-9D3569.15580521072004@news3.west.earthlink.net> on Wed, 21 Jul
    2004 20:58:05 GMT, "Røbert M." <rmarkoff@faq.cIty> wrote:

    >In article <JkyLc.10904$Qu5.4971@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net>,

    > "Bob Smith" <usirsclt@earthlink.net> wrote:
    >
    >> And Phillipe gets more creative with Subject lines once again ...
    >
    >And Smith, the Sprint apologist won't admit. The coverage maps are
    >worthless and hence the lawsuits and settlement.

    $5 million contribution to education by a multi-billion industry?
    Zippie do! The states sure didn't get much.

  16. Archived from groups: alt.cellular,alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

    In <rmarkoff-E6BFD2.16142321072004@news3.west.earthlink.net> on Wed, 21 Jul
    2004 21:14:23 GMT, "Røbert M." <rmarkoff@faq.cIty> wrote:

    >In article <40FEDC03.64512B90@ddress.com>, Notan <notan@ddress.com>
    >wrote:
    >
    >> "Røbert M." wrote:

    >> > And Smith, the Sprint apologist won't admit. The coverage maps are
    >> > worthless and hence the lawsuits and settlement.
    >> >
    >> > Read the PDFs, not some lame story thats a cut and paste from a
    >> > press release.
    >> >
    >> > http://www.oag.state.tx.us/oagNews/release.php?id=533
    >>
    >> Life, for you, at this point, probably won't get any better, what with
    >> the phone companies having been found guilty... Isn't that what you've
    >> lived for?
    >>
    >> I'd say it's a pretty good time for you to contemplate suicide.
    >
    >And this is supposed to excuse the cellular carriers, and their shills
    >trying to spin this all into not meaningful?

    It's not meaningful: $5 million isn't pocket change to cellular carriers.

    >Sorry, I'll still be HERE for a while, enjoying my new PowerMac G5.

    Are we supposed to be impressed by that? Sheesh.

  17. Archived from groups: alt.cellular,alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

    In <rmarkoff-8FFF39.16401721072004@news3.west.earthlink.net> on Wed, 21 Jul
    2004 21:40:18 GMT, "Røbert M." <rmarkoff@faq.cIty> wrote:

    >In article <spntf0d2vnaa93iue85mfkqsdf0feg5f8r@4ax.com>,
    > Charles <Charles> wrote:
    >
    >> On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 21:14:23 GMT, "Røbert M." <rmarkoff@faq.cIty>
    >> wrote:

    >> >Sorry, I'll still be HERE for a while, enjoying my new PowerMac G5.
    >>
    >> I am more sorry than you.

    >You'd prefer carriers continue their dishonest ways?

    I'd prefer to let the free market work.
    Government intervention is a generally bad idea.
    Since there is no monopoly here, intervention isn't warranted.

  18. Archived from groups: alt.cellular,alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

    In article <osCLc.3512$54.48330@typhoon.sonic.net>,

    > In <rmarkoff-65C6C4.16012321072004@news3.west.earthlink.net> on Wed, 21 Jul
    > 2004 21:01:23 GMT, "Røbert M." <rmarkoff@faq.cIty> wrote:
    >
    > >In article <0ayLc.3469$54.48014@typhoon.sonic.net>,
    > > John Navas <jnrelay1@sonic.net> wrote:
    >
    > >> In fact the carriers didn't "admit" to anything of the kind:
    > >>
    > >> 42. Carrier is entering into this Assurance solely for the purposes
    > >> of settlement. Nothing contained in this Assurance may be taken as or
    > >> construed to be an admission by Carrier or as evidence supporting any
    > >> of the allegations raised by the Attorneys General, any matter of
    > >> fact or law, any violation of state or federal law, or any other
    > >> liability or wrongdoing whatsoever, including without limitation an
    > >> admission by Carrier that any of its business practices are or have
    > >> been unfair or deceptive, or violate or have violated any of the
    > >> Consumer Statutes of any of the Participating States, all of which
    > >> Carrier expressly denies.
    > >
    > >Of course thats what had to be agreed to to get a settlement.
    >
    > In other words, you were dishonest.

    No its the current maps that are dishonest, and quit shilling for
    Cingular.
  19. Archived from groups: alt.cellular,alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

    In article <CuCLc.3513$54.48357@typhoon.sonic.net>,

    > In <rmarkoff-9D3569.15580521072004@news3.west.earthlink.net> on Wed, 21 Jul
    > 2004 20:58:05 GMT, "Røbert M." <rmarkoff@faq.cIty> wrote:
    >
    > >In article <JkyLc.10904$Qu5.4971@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
    >
    > > "Bob Smith" <usirsclt@earthlink.net> wrote:
    > >
    > >> And Phillipe gets more creative with Subject lines once again ...
    > >
    > >And Smith, the Sprint apologist won't admit. The coverage maps are
    > >worthless and hence the lawsuits and settlement.
    >
    > $5 million contribution to education by a multi-billion industry?
    > Zippie do! The states sure didn't get much.

    We'll see what they get if Carriers think they can continue with current
    worthless maps.
  20. Archived from groups: alt.cellular,alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

    In article <CxCLc.3515$54.48603@typhoon.sonic.net>,

    > In <rmarkoff-8FFF39.16401721072004@news3.west.earthlink.net> on Wed, 21 Jul
    > 2004 21:40:18 GMT, "Røbert M." <rmarkoff@faq.cIty> wrote:
    >
    > >In article <spntf0d2vnaa93iue85mfkqsdf0feg5f8r@4ax.com>,
    > > Charles <Charles> wrote:

    > >> I am more sorry than you.
    >
    > >You'd prefer carriers continue their dishonest ways?
    >
    > I'd prefer to let the free market work.
    > Government intervention is a generally bad idea.
    > Since there is no monopoly here, intervention isn't warranted.

    Yeah, stop inspected beef processing plants. Let the free market work.

    Sheesh.
  21. Archived from groups: alt.cellular,alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

    In <rmarkoff-7EC4DC.18245121072004@news3.west.earthlink.net> on Wed, 21 Jul
    2004 23:24:51 GMT, "Røbert M." <rmarkoff@faq.cIty> wrote:

    >In article <osCLc.3512$54.48330@typhoon.sonic.net>,
    > John Navas <spamfilter0@navasgroup.com> wrote:
    >
    >> In <rmarkoff-65C6C4.16012321072004@news3.west.earthlink.net> on Wed, 21 Jul
    >> 2004 21:01:23 GMT, "Røbert M." <rmarkoff@faq.cIty> wrote:

    >> >Of course thats what had to be agreed to to get a settlement.
    >>
    >> In other words, you were dishonest.
    >
    >No its the current maps that are dishonest,

    You were dishonest. What others may or may not have done is irrelevant to
    your conduct.

    >and quit shilling for
    >Cingular.

    I don't "shill" for anyone.

  22. Archived from groups: alt.cellular,alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

    In <rmarkoff-EE52AE.18253221072004@news3.west.earthlink.net> on Wed, 21 Jul
    2004 23:25:33 GMT, "Røbert M." <rmarkoff@faq.cIty> wrote:

    >In article <CuCLc.3513$54.48357@typhoon.sonic.net>,
    > John Navas <spamfilter0@navasgroup.com> wrote:

    >> $5 million contribution to education by a multi-billion industry?
    >> Zippie do! The states sure didn't get much.
    >
    >We'll see what they get if Carriers think they can continue with current
    >worthless maps.

    Forgive me for not holding my breath. This is all pretty meaningless.
    Nothing for consumers that were claimed to have been hurt, and the $5 million
    is less than 0.01% of industry revenues. [yawn]

  23. Archived from groups: alt.cellular,alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

    In <rmarkoff-5DD6B3.18262921072004@news3.west.earthlink.net> on Wed, 21 Jul
    2004 23:26:30 GMT, "Røbert M." <rmarkoff@faq.cIty> wrote:

    >In article <CxCLc.3515$54.48603@typhoon.sonic.net>,
    > John Navas <spamfilter0@navasgroup.com> wrote:
    >
    >> In <rmarkoff-8FFF39.16401721072004@news3.west.earthlink.net> on Wed, 21 Jul
    >> 2004 21:40:18 GMT, "Røbert M." <rmarkoff@faq.cIty> wrote:

    >> >You'd prefer carriers continue their dishonest ways?
    >>
    >> I'd prefer to let the free market work.
    >> Government intervention is a generally bad idea.
    >> Since there is no monopoly here, intervention isn't warranted.
    >
    >Yeah, stop inspected beef processing plants. Let the free market work.
    >
    >Sheesh.

    The free market is in fact far more effective at policing food quality than
    government regulation, which does a truly pathetic job, while wasting a
    considerable amount of money. In other words, you need to come up with
    something a *lot* better than that.

  24. Archived from groups: alt.cellular,alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

    Of course, but the issue here is the false allegation in the Subject.

    In <jkDLc.4794$QO.2177@bignews5.bellsouth.net> on Wed, 21 Jul 2004 19:51:51
    -0400, "Chris Cowles" <NoSpam@For.me> wrote:

    >Not in support of anyone's opinion here, but most out-of-court settlements
    >include a denial of liability. The fact one exists has little bearing on
    >whether or not they do, in fact, use deceptive trade practices.

    >> [POSTED TO alt.cellular.cingular - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]
    >>
    >> In <rmarkoff-4ADED7.12163321072004@news3.west.earthlink.net> on Wed, 21
    >Jul
    >> 2004 17:16:33 GMT, "Røbert M." <rmarkoff@faq.cIty> wrote:
    >>
    >> >http://www.team4news.com/Global/story.asp?S=2069335
    >> >
    >> >AUSTIN, Texas
    >> >
    >> >Under the terms of the agreement, Cingular Wireless, Sprint PCS and
    >> >Verizon Wireless must provide customers with coverage-area maps that are
    >> >as accurate as current technology allows; give consumers at least two
    >> >weeks to terminate service contracts without incurring penalties; and
    >> >change the way they advertise and sell services and coverage.
    >> >
    >> >http://www.oag.state.tx.us/oagNews/release.php?id=533
    >>

    >> In fact the carriers didn't "admit" to anything of the kind:

  25. Archived from groups: alt.cellular,alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

    Røbert M. wrote:
    > http://www.team4news.com/Global/story.asp?S=2069335
    >

    > AUSTIN, Texas
    >

    > Under the terms of the agreement, Cingular Wireless, Sprint PCS and
    > Verizon Wireless must provide customers with coverage-area maps that are
    > as accurate as current technology allows; give consumers at least two
    > weeks to terminate service contracts without incurring penalties; and
    > change the way they advertise and sell services and coverage.
    >

    > http://www.oag.state.tx.us/oagNews/release.php?id=533

    Under what conditions? What phones? How much antenna gain? how tall
    of a subscriber? Inside of a car? outside of a car?

    Winter or summertime?

    I do this kind of thing for a living. Drawing realistic coverage maps
    for cellular would be *impossible*. If I was one of the cellular
    carriers in question I'd put out a map of where my towers were and where
    my *active* operation licenses were with no stupid shading, and let the
    subscribers draw their own conclusions.

    Oh, and where was T-Mobile on this list? They have the most unrealistic
    maps I've seen yet...

    JS
  26. Archived from groups: alt.cellular,alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

    > In article <0ayLc.3469$54.48014@typhoon.sonic.net>,
    > John Navas <jnrelay1@sonic.net> wrote:
    >

    > > In <rmarkoff-4ADED7.12163321072004@news3.west.earthlink.net> on Wed, 21
    Jul
    > > 2004 17:16:33 GMT, "Røbert M." <rmarkoff@faq.cIty> wrote:
    > >
    > > >http://www.team4news.com/Global/story.asp?S=2069335
    > > >
    > > >AUSTIN, Texas
    > > >
    > > >Under the terms of the agreement, Cingular Wireless, Sprint PCS and
    > > >Verizon Wireless must provide customers with coverage-area maps that
    are
    > > >as accurate as current technology allows; give consumers at least two
    > > >weeks to terminate service contracts without incurring penalties; and
    > > >change the way they advertise and sell services and coverage.
    > > >
    > > >http://www.oag.state.tx.us/oagNews/release.php?id=533
    > >

    > > In fact the carriers didn't "admit" to anything of the kind:
    > >
    > > 42. Carrier is entering into this Assurance solely for the purposes
    > > of settlement. Nothing contained in this Assurance may be taken as or
    > > construed to be an admission by Carrier or as evidence supporting any
    > > of the allegations raised by the Attorneys General, any matter of
    > > fact or law, any violation of state or federal law, or any other
    > > liability or wrongdoing whatsoever, including without limitation an
    > > admission by Carrier that any of its business practices are or have
    > > been unfair or deceptive, or violate or have violated any of the
    > > Consumer Statutes of any of the Participating States, all of which
    > > Carrier expressly denies.
    >
    > Of course thats what had to be agreed to to get a settlement. Navas,
    > another Cellular apologist.

    How odd for one to read between the lines, but not the lines themselves.

    ---
    Update your PC at http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com
  27. Archived from groups: alt.cellular,alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

    In article <jrILc.999$7E2.979@fe41.usenetserver.com>,
    Jacob Suter <jsuter@intrastar.net> wrote:

    > Oh, and where was T-Mobile on this list? They have the most unrealistic
    > maps I've seen yet...

    Ask your State's Attorney General.
  28. Archived from groups: alt.cellular,alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

    In article <y1GLc.13903$qa2.74@fe2.texas.rr.com>,
    "Carl." <usenetcarlTHISPROBABLYWONTWORK@hotmail.com> wrote:

    > How odd for one to read between the lines, but not the lines themselves.

    I suppose you aren't old enough to remember the U.S. apology in 1969 for
    the Pueblo intruding on North Korean waters in 1968.
  29. Archived from groups: alt.cellular,alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

    In <rmarkoff-696C10.03553122072004@news3.west.earthlink.net> on Thu, 22 Jul
    2004 08:55:31 GMT, "Røbert M." <rmarkoff@faq.cIty> wrote:

    >In article <y1GLc.13903$qa2.74@fe2.texas.rr.com>,
    > "Carl." <usenetcarlTHISPROBABLYWONTWORK@hotmail.com> wrote:
    >
    >> How odd for one to read between the lines, but not the lines themselves.
    >
    >I suppose you aren't old enough to remember the U.S. apology in 1969 for
    >the Pueblo intruding on North Korean waters in 1968.

    Now there's a bad and meaningless analogy.

  30. Archived from groups: alt.cellular,alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

    In <rmarkoff-3DE4C7.03534722072004@news3.west.earthlink.net> on Thu, 22 Jul
    2004 08:53:48 GMT, "Røbert M." <rmarkoff@faq.cIty> wrote:

    >In article <jrILc.999$7E2.979@fe41.usenetserver.com>,
    > Jacob Suter <jsuter@intrastar.net> wrote:
    >
    >> Oh, and where was T-Mobile on this list? They have the most unrealistic
    >> maps I've seen yet...
    >
    >Ask your State's Attorney General.

    When and where? Not to mention why?

  31. Archived from groups: alt.cellular,alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

    In article <itQLc.3628$54.51565@typhoon.sonic.net>,

    > In <rmarkoff-696C10.03553122072004@news3.west.earthlink.net> on Thu, 22 Jul
    > 2004 08:55:31 GMT, "Røbert M." <rmarkoff@faq.cIty> wrote:
    >
    > >In article <y1GLc.13903$qa2.74@fe2.texas.rr.com>,
    > > "Carl." <usenetcarlTHISPROBABLYWONTWORK@hotmail.com> wrote:
    > >
    > >> How odd for one to read between the lines, but not the lines themselves.
    > >
    > >I suppose you aren't old enough to remember the U.S. apology in 1969 for
    > >the Pueblo intruding on North Korean waters in 1968.
    >
    > Now there's a bad and meaningless analogy.

    Not at all.
  32. Archived from groups: alt.cellular,alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

    > In article <JkyLc.10904$Qu5.4971@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
    > "Bob Smith" <usirsclt@earthlink.net> wrote:
    >
    > > And Phillipe gets more creative with Subject lines once again ...
    >
    > And Smith, the Sprint apologist won't admit. The coverage maps are
    > worthless and hence the lawsuits and settlement.
    >
    > Read the PDFs, not some lame story thats a cut and paste from a
    > press release.
    >
    > http://www.oag.state.tx.us/oagNews/release.php?id=533

    I'm not apologizing for anyone troll boy ... In fact I provided a more
    comprehensive link, which included the states that were involved ...
    Sheesh Phillipe, maybe it's time that I remind everyone here ... in all
    these newsgroups of your posting history in the SPCS newsgroup and others,
    including those 114 different IDs used over the past year ...

    Bob
  33. Archived from groups: alt.cellular,alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

    In article <bTQLc.11731$Qu5.10035@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
    "Bob Smith" <usirsclt@earthlink.net> wrote:

    Sorry Mr. Apologist. Personal Insults do not excuse the bad behavior of
    the Cellular Carriers who are now being closely watched by 31
    State's Attorney Generals for compliance with the agreement.

    But typical of your lame attempts at obfuscation.
  34. Archived from groups: alt.cellular,alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

    > In article <bTQLc.11731$Qu5.10035@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
    > "Bob Smith" <usirsclt@earthlink.net> wrote:
    >
    > Sorry Mr. Apologist. Personal Insults do not excuse the bad behavior of
    > the Cellular Carriers who are now being closely watched by 31
    > State's Attorney Generals for compliance with the agreement.
    >
    > But typical of your lame attempts at obfuscation.

    Sigh ... Obuscation, Lying, misquoting are your middle name Phillipe. Since
    you've want to continue this, it's time to share with the rest of the
    newsgroups your posting history in the SPCS newsgroup.

    01) Your preference for lying ...
    02) Your misquoting of other posters' messages and your confirmation you do
    that.
    03) Your attempt to impersonate other posters here.
    04) Your unmunging of email addresses so spambots can harvest them.
    05) Your attempt to answer prior posts made in one ID with different IDs
    06) Your attempt to moderate this group on what can or can't be said, and
    then hypocritically post the same words you allegedly abhor.
    07) Your failure to answer simple questions asked to clarify your position
    here, when the truth comes out.
    08) Your manufacturing of false facts and then sidestepping the issue with
    false circular reasoning.
    09) Your complaints about people insulting you, and you creating insulting
    multiple subject threads.
    10) Your stalking other posters via Google searches, and posting inaccurate
    search results
    11) Last, but certainly not least, using AT LEAST 114 different IDs here to
    avoid kill filters of others.

    And this list keeps getting longer and longer ...

    # USENET ID EMAIL ADDRESS ISP IP
    1st Appeared
    001 Phillipe pfilm@yahoo.com EL
    66.32.48.199 08/10/03
    002 Richard R@R.com EL 66.32.48.182
    08/29/03
    003 DSL GURU dslguru@aol.com AOL
    08/29/03
    004 Phillipe . p8film@hotmail.com EL
    66.32.48.182 09/08/03
    005 P. Reality p16film@msn.com EL
    66.32.48.182 09/09/03
    006 Sprintposter sprintposter@aol.com AOL
    09/09/03
    007 PHil_Real phil_tape@email.org EL
    66.32.48.182 09/16/03
    008 P. sluice@juice.org EL 66.32.49.170
    09/18/03
    009 Patrick Bosley pBosley@msn.com EL
    66.32.51.103 09/18/03
    010 SprintPCSNews sprintpcsnews@aol.com AOL
    09/18/03
    011 Phill. pearl@oyster.com EL
    66.32.49.170 09/19/03
    012 Loving Moonlight lovingmoonlight@aol.com AOL
    09/26/03
    013 Phillipe2004 phil2004@sprent.com EL
    66.32.49.170 10/06/03
    014 Readnewsgroups readnewsgroups@aol.com AOL
    10/06/03
    015 Reginald phil2004@sprent.com EL
    66.32.49.170 10/07/03
    016 Ronald phil2004@sprent.com EL
    66.32.49.170 10/07/03
    017 Sprintinator sprent@sprent.com EL
    66.32.49.170 10/07/03
    018 Defective Merchandise at Stores sprent@sprent.com
    EL 66.32.49.170 10/07/03
    019 Camile Cardenas cccardenas@netscape.com EL
    66.32.50.218 10/07/03
    020 Sergei Kosonov skosonov@institue.ru EL
    66.32.48.84 10/08/03
    021 Renaldo berler@rome.univ.it EL
    66.32.50.88 10/10/03
    022 LosAngelessLegal losangelesslegal@aol.com AOL
    10/10/03
    023 CAT0NHAT cat0nhat@aol.com AOL
    10/11/03
    024 Sunday Auto sundayauto@aol.com AOL
    10/11/03
    025 Monday Cellphone mondaycellphone@aol.com AOL
    10/13/03
    026 Sprint Truth sprinttruth@aol.com AOL
    10/13/03
    027 Posting Editor postingeditor@aol.com AOL
    10/14/03
    028 Sarah Morlan sarahmorlan@aol.com AOL
    10/14/03
    029 Bernard Sharri bernardsharri@aol.com AOL
    10/15/03
    030 Sanyo Guy sanyoguy@hotmail.com EL
    66.32.51.103 10/21/03
    031 Michael mfrazier2@mail.com EL
    66.32.49.180 11/03/03
    032 BlueTooth Now bluetoothnow@aol.com AOL
    11/05/03
    033 PTT ReadyLink pttreadylink@aol.com AOL
    11/07/03
    034 Thomas Aspland thomasaspland@aol.com AOL
    11/08/03
    035 Weekend Sunshine weekendsunshine@aol.com AOL
    11/08/03
    036 William Bays williambays@aol.com AOL
    11/08/03
    037 Carl Simmons csimmons@msn.com EL
    66.32.49.180 11/11/03
    038 J. Range jrange2@msn.com EL
    66.32.49.180 11/12/03
    039 Milton Searlis miltonsearlis@aol.com AOL
    11/20/03
    040 Alias for Smith aliasforsmith@aol.com AOL
    11/21/03
    041 Bob Veldrends bobveldrends@aol.com AOL
    11/23/03
    042 James Tullin jtullin23@yahoo.com EL
    66.32.50.69 12/04/03
    043 Tim Harrick tim233@hotmail.com EL
    66.32.50.34 12/06/03
    044 Chris McFarland ChrisMac@yahoo.com EL
    66.32.51.239 12/09/03
    045 Matthew Lindeen mlindeen@kryogenics.com EL
    66.32.51.192 12/10/03
    046 Dennis ddd456@mail.com EL
    66.32.50.226 12/11/03
    047 Stewart soconnor23@yahoo.com EL
    66.32.51.248 12/11/03
    048 David dlandsdowne@wsys.net EL
    66.32.51.23 12/12/03
    049 Joseph jlondon@london.com EL
    66.32.48.147 12/14/03
    050 Leonard lunderood@harton.com EL
    66.32.51.250 12/14/03
    051 Donald dwade84@earthlink.net EL
    66.32.48.173 12/15/03
    052 Jonathan jm1@brms.org EL 66.32.48.64
    12/16/03
    053 Carlos Z. czb@mts.net EL
    66.32.50.172 12/17/03
    054 Al amorgan@yahoo.com EL 66.32.48.90
    12/28/03
    055 A.M. amorgan@yahoo.com EL
    66.32.48.90 12/31/03
    056 HK HK22073@msn.com EL 66.32.49.221
    01/07/04
    057 James jkavanagh@msn.com EL
    66.32.49.147 01/10/04
    058 John S. jstorrs@msn.com EL
    66.32.48.252 01/12/04
    059 Robert M. markoff@msn.com EL
    66.32.49.155 01/13/04
    060 Cell Merger cellmerger@aol.com AOL
    03/02/04
    061 Sprint Secrets sprintsecrets@aol.com AOL
    03/20/04
    062 not at Adelphia rmarkoff@msn.com EL
    66.32.49.237 03/30/04
    063 not John Rigas rmarkoff@msn.com EL
    66.32.49.237 03/31/04
    064 Enchanter999 enchanter999@aol.com EL
    66.32.50.224 04/07/04
    065 Not at Web TV rmarkoff@msn.com EL
    66.32.49.237 04/08/04
    066 rmarkoff@msn.com rmarkoff@msn.com EL
    66.32.49.237 04/14/04
    067 Rob M. rmarkoff@msn.com EL
    66.32.50.224 04/19/04
    068 Robert M. rmarkoff@msn.com EL
    66.32.50.224 04/19/04
    069 Rob M. rmarkoff@msn.com EL
    66.32.50.224 04/19/04
    070 Bad Language by apologists rmarkoff@msn.com
    EL 66.32.50.224 04/26/04
    071 Bob Smith - Liar smittie@msn.com EL
    66.32.50.224 04/26/04
    072 Robert markoff@msn.com EL
    66.32.49.237 04/27/04
    073 Nebby0007 nebby0007@aol.com AOL
    04/29/04
    074 Retention rmarkoff@msn.com EL
    66.32.49.237 05/05/04
    075 Biotin30 biotin30@yahoo.com EL
    66.32.49.72 05/05/04
    076 Charles R. Chuck333@yahoo.com EL
    66.32.49.72 05/05/04
    077 Chriss Russell sent me robert156@yahoo.com EL
    66.32.49.72 05/05/04
    078 Paylor paylorx@yahoo.com EL
    66.32.49.72 05/05/04
    079 reghis reghis@yahoo.com EL
    66.32.49.72 05/05/04
    080 Richard M. rmmm@yahoo.com EL
    66.32.49.72 05/05/04
    081 Robert M. robert156@yahoo.com EL
    66.32.49.72 05/05/04
    082 Robert M. Rmm@yahoo.com EL
    66.32.49.72 05/05/04
    083 Urban19 urban19@yahoo.com EL
    66.32.49.72 05/05/04
    084 windsort windsort@yahoo.com EL
    66.32.49.72 05/05/04
    085 Retention FAQ rmarkoff@msn.com EL
    66.32.50.224 05/05/04
    086 Donald X. Dx9@yahoo.com EL
    66.32.49.72 05/07/04
    087 John W. JWW@internot.com EL
    66.32.49.72 05/07/04
    088 Phillipe LIVES PP9@yahoo.com EL
    66.32.49.72 05/07/04
    089 Richard S. Rss@internit.com EL
    66.32.49.72 05/07/04
    090 Nebby00007 nebby00007@aol.com AOL
    05/07/04
    091 Bobby T bbt@yahoo.com EL 66.32.49.72
    05/08/04
    092 Bobby B bba@yahoo.com EL 66.32.49.72
    05/08/04
    093 Bobby A bba@yahoo.com EL 66.32.49.72
    05/08/04
    094 Robert M Rmarkoff@yahoo.com EL
    66.32.49.72 05/09/04
    095 Røbert M rmarkoff@yahoo.com EL
    66.32.49.72 05/11/04
    096 **Retention** rmarkoff@yahoo.com EL
    66.32.49.72 05/13/04
    097 Robert M. rmarkoff@yahoo.com EL
    66.32.49.72 05/13/04
    098 Røbert M. rmarkoff@yahoo.com EL
    66.32.49.72 05/13/04
    099 ***REPAIR FAQ *** ***REPAIRFAQ***@yahoo.com
    EL 66.32.49.72 05/14/04
    100 Rupert N rnarkoff@yahoo.com EL
    66.32.49.72 05/20/04
    101 Nebby nebby00007@aol.compants AOL
    05/20/04
    102 -RETENTION- rmarkoff@yahoo.com EL
    66.32.49.72 05/20/04
    103 **Executive Services** Executive@a.com EL
    66.32.49.72 05/21/04
    104 ** PORTABILITY** *portability@yahoo.com EL
    66.32.49.72 05/21/04
    105 **FAQ** recall@yahoo.com EL 66.32.49.72
    05/21/04
    106 +=+ +=+ Gaq@faq.city EL 66.32.49.72
    05/27/04
    107 Røbert M. rmarkoff@faq.city EL
    66.32.48.59 05/30/04
    108 Røbert M. rmarkoff@faq.city EL
    66.32.51.194 06/03/04
    109 WiMax wimax@aol.com AOL
    06/06/04
    110 Røbert M. rmarkoff@faq.city EL 66.32.50.56
    06/09/04
    111 .com wimax0007@aol.com AOL 06/09/04
    112 Røbert M. rmarkoff@faq.cIty EL 66.32.51.169
    06/23/04
    113 Rxbert M. rmarkoff@faq.cIty EL 66.32.50.168
    07/05/04
    114 Tim Ronson TimR66@msn.com EL 66.32.50.168
    07/12/04
  35. Archived from groups: alt.cellular,alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

    In article <bTQLc.11731$Qu5.10035@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
    "Bob Smith" <usirsclt@earthlink.net> wrote:

    Sorry Mr. Apologist. Personal Insults do not excuse the bad behavior of
    the Cellular Carriers who are now being closely watched by 31
    State's Attorney Generals for compliance with the agreement.

    But typical of your lame attempts at obfuscation. Insulting me
    hardly makes Sprint, verizon or Cingular one nit better.
  36. Archived from groups: alt.cellular,alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

    In alt.cellular "R?bert M." <rmarkoff@faq.city> wrote:

    > But typical of your lame attempts at obfuscation. Insulting me
    > hardly makes Sprint, verizon or Cingular one nit better.

    I just find it amusing that you love to slam Verizon but don't know
    squat about how they operate. Granted, I had enough trouble that I switched,
    and I'm not saying that they don't have problems. But what would you know about
    problems from a customer's perspective? You've never BEEN a Verizon customer!

  37. Archived from groups: alt.cellular,alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

    > In article <bTQLc.11731$Qu5.10035@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
    > "Bob Smith" <usirsclt@earthlink.net> wrote:
    > > >
    > Sorry Mr. Apologist. Personal Insults do not excuse the bad behavior of
    > the Cellular Carriers who are now being closely watched by 31
    > State's Attorney Generals for compliance with the agreement.
    >
    > But typical of your lame attempts at obfuscation. Insulting me
    > hardly makes Sprint, verizon or Cingular one nit better.

    More Obfuscation on your part Phillipe (or should I add those other 113 Ids
    as well). Those weren't insults, they were facts on your posts and posting
    style in the newsgroup.

    Bob
  38. Archived from groups: alt.cellular,alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

    In article <bTQLc.11731$Qu5.10035@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
    "Bob Smith" <usirsclt@earthlink.net> wrote:

    Sorry you are so obscessed. Personal Insults do not excuse the bad
    behavior of the Cellular Carriers who are now being closely watched by 31

    The Sprint, Verizon, and Cingular's bad behavior that resulted in 31
    lawsuits by States Attorney General, and their promise to behave in the
    future is not changed by your opinion of any other poster.
  39. Archived from groups: alt.cellular,alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

    In <rmarkoff-E01FBE.10281322072004@news3.west.earthlink.net> on Thu, 22 Jul
    2004 15:28:14 GMT, "Røbert M." <rmarkoff@faq.cIty> wrote:

    >In article <bTQLc.11731$Qu5.10035@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
    > "Bob Smith" <usirsclt@earthlink.net> wrote:
    >
    >Sorry Mr. Apologist. Personal Insults do not excuse the bad behavior of
    >the Cellular Carriers who are now being closely watched by 31
    >State's Attorney Generals for compliance with the agreement.

    ROTFL!

  40. Archived from groups: alt.cellular,alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

    In article <nzTLc.3672$54.51919@typhoon.sonic.net>,

    > In <rmarkoff-E01FBE.10281322072004@news3.west.earthlink.net> on Thu, 22 Jul
    > 2004 15:28:14 GMT, "Røbert M." <rmarkoff@faq.cIty> wrote:
    >
    > >In article <bTQLc.11731$Qu5.10035@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
    > > "Bob Smith" <usirsclt@earthlink.net> wrote:
    > >
    > >Sorry Mr. Apologist. Personal Insults do not excuse the bad behavior of
    > >the Cellular Carriers who are now being closely watched by 31
    > >State's Attorney Generals for compliance with the agreement.
    >
    > ROTFL!

    It's pitiful that you are such an apologist that you think the worthless
    coverage maps are a worth laughing about.
  41. Archived from groups: alt.cellular,alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

    In article <1N2dnc6liOwMkZ3cRVn-hQ@lmi.net>,
    Steven J Sobol <sjsobol@JvstThe.net> wrote:

    > In alt.cellvlar "R?bert M." <rmarkoff@faq.city> wrote:
    >
    > > Bvt typical of yovr lame attempts at obfvscation. Insvlting me
    > > hardly makes Sprint, verizon or Cingvlar one nit better.
    >
    > I jvst find it amvsing that yov love to slam Verizon bvt don't know
    > sqvat abovt how they operate. Granted, I had enovgh trovble that I switched,
    > and I'm not saying that they don't have problems. Bvt what wovld yov know
    > abovt
    > problems from a cvstomer's perspective? Yov've never BEEN a Verizon cvstomer!

    I didnt say sqvat abovt how Verizon operates. I'm jvst commenting on
    yesterday's news. If yov want to call that a slam on Verizon, then it's
    yov who calling the news a slam on Verizon.

    I jvst think any improvement in coverage maps is long overdve.

    <http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&ncid=1293&e=6&v=/ap/20040721
    /ap_on_bi_ge/wireless_consvmer_rights&sid=95573418>

    "This and the California consvmers' bill of rights show that elected
    officials and policy-makers have heard consvmers and they're taking
    action to improve conditions in cell phone marketing, instead of waiting
    for the market to clean vp its own act," said Janee Briesemeister, a
    senior policy analyst at Consvmers Union.
  42. Archived from groups: alt.cellular,alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

    In alt.cellular "R?bert M." <rmarkoff@faq.city> wrote:

    > I didnt say squat about how Verizon operates. I'm just commenting on
    > yesterday's news. If you want to call that a slam on Verizon, then it's
    > you who calling the news a slam on Verizon.

    You didn't fixate on Verizon *this time.* There have been a number of other
    times when you have. OK, ATTWS is one thing, Sprint is one thing, you claim
    to have been customers of both; fine. You slamming Verizon seems silly to me.

    > I just think any improvement in coverage maps is long overdue.

    Be that as it may - I'm going to pass up any commentary on this, it's been
    discussed to death in other threads.

  43. Archived from groups: alt.cellular,alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

    In <rmarkoff-1025D7.13414622072004@news3.west.earthlink.net> on Thu, 22 Jul
    2004 18:41:46 GMT, "Røbert M." <rmarkoff@faq.cIty> wrote:

    >In article <nzTLc.3672$54.51919@typhoon.sonic.net>,
    > John Navas <spamfilter0@navasgroup.com> wrote:
    >
    >> In <rmarkoff-E01FBE.10281322072004@news3.west.earthlink.net> on Thu, 22 Jul
    >> 2004 15:28:14 GMT, "Røbert M." <rmarkoff@faq.cIty> wrote:
    >>
    >> >In article <bTQLc.11731$Qu5.10035@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
    >> > "Bob Smith" <usirsclt@earthlink.net> wrote:
    >> >
    >> >Sorry Mr. Apologist. Personal Insults do not excuse the bad behavior of
    >> >the Cellular Carriers who are now being closely watched by 31
    >> >State's Attorney Generals for compliance with the agreement.
    >>
    >> ROTFL!
    >
    >It's pitiful that you are such an apologist that you think the worthless
    >coverage maps are a worth laughing about.

    To be clear, I'm laughing at your silly statements, not the coverage maps.
    ;-)

  44. Archived from groups: alt.cellular,alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

    In article <GyULc.3689$54.52081@typhoon.sonic.net>,

    > In <rmarkoff-1025D7.13414622072004@news3.west.earthlink.net> on Thu, 22 Jul
    > 2004 18:41:46 GMT, "Røbert M." <rmarkoff@faq.cIty> wrote:
    >
    > >In article <nzTLc.3672$54.51919@typhoon.sonic.net>,
    > > John Navas <spamfilter0@navasgroup.com> wrote:

    > >> ROTFL!
    > >
    > >It's pitiful that you are such an apologist that you think the worthless
    > >coverage maps are a worth laughing about.
    >
    > To be clear, I'm laughing at your silly statements, not the coverage maps.
    > ;-)

    Good cause everyone but you and a couple of other apologists realize how
    worthless Coverage maps are. Certainly 31 State's Attorney Generals do.
  45. Archived from groups: alt.cellular,alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

    In <rmarkoff-1A7001.14500022072004@news3.west.earthlink.net> on Thu, 22 Jul
    2004 19:50:01 GMT, "Røbert M." <rmarkoff@faq.cIty> wrote:

    >In article <GyULc.3689$54.52081@typhoon.sonic.net>,
    > John Navas <spamfilter0@navasgroup.com> wrote:
    >
    >> [POSTED TO alt.cellular.cingular - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]
    >>
    >> In <rmarkoff-1025D7.13414622072004@news3.west.earthlink.net> on Thu, 22 Jul
    >> 2004 18:41:46 GMT, "Røbert M." <rmarkoff@faq.cIty> wrote:

    >> >It's pitiful that you are such an apologist that you think the worthless
    >> >coverage maps are a worth laughing about.
    >>
    >> To be clear, I'm laughing at your silly statements, not the coverage maps.
    >> ;-)
    >
    >Good cause everyone but you and a couple of other apologists realize how
    >worthless Coverage maps are. Certainly 31 State's Attorney Generals do.

    Then why did they roll over for a measly $5 million and no restitution?

  46. Archived from groups: alt.cellular,alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

    > In article <GyULc.3689$54.52081@typhoon.sonic.net>,
    > John Navas <spamfilter0@navasgroup.com> wrote:
    >
    > > [POSTED TO alt.cellular.cingular - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]
    > >
    > > In <rmarkoff-1025D7.13414622072004@news3.west.earthlink.net> on Thu, 22
    Jul
    > > 2004 18:41:46 GMT, "Røbert M." <rmarkoff@faq.cIty> wrote:

    > > >It's pitiful that you are such an apologist that you think the
    worthless
    > > >coverage maps are a worth laughing about.
    > >
    > > To be clear, I'm laughing at your silly statements, not the coverage
    maps.
    > > ;-)
    >
    > Good cause everyone but you and a couple of other apologists realize how
    > worthless Coverage maps are. Certainly 31 State's Attorney Generals do.

    You mean the 31 AG's up for re-election? Hmmmmmm- wonder why this was
    settled now?
  47. Archived from groups: alt.cellular,alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

    In article <7SVLc.3709$54.52173@typhoon.sonic.net>,

    > >Good cause everyone but you and a couple of other apologists realize how
    > >worthless Coverage maps are. Certainly 31 State's Attorney Generals do.
    >
    > Then why did they roll over for a measly $5 million and no restitution?

    Cause it's election year and they want a settlement quick.
  48. Archived from groups: alt.cellular,alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

    In <rmarkoff-3514F7.17224222072004@news3.west.earthlink.net> on Thu, 22 Jul
    2004 22:22:43 GMT, "Røbert M." <rmarkoff@faq.cIty> wrote:

    >In article <7SVLc.3709$54.52173@typhoon.sonic.net>,
    > John Navas <spamfilter0@navasgroup.com> wrote:
    >
    >> >Good cause everyone but you and a couple of other apologists realize how
    >> >worthless Coverage maps are. Certainly 31 State's Attorney Generals do.
    >>
    >> Then why did they roll over for a measly $5 million and no restitution?
    >
    >Cause it's election year and they want a settlement quick.

    How silly.

    You are obviously clueless about this as well.

  49. Archived from groups: alt.cellular,alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

    In article <FuXLc.3732$54.52258@typhoon.sonic.net>,

    > In <rmarkoff-3514F7.17224222072004@news3.west.earthlink.net> on Thu, 22 Jul
    > 2004 22:22:43 GMT, "Røbert M." <rmarkoff@faq.cIty> wrote:

    > >> Then why did they roll over for a measly $5 million and no restitution?
    > >
    > >Cause it's election year and they want a settlement quick.
    >
    > How silly.
    >
    > You are obviously clueless about this as well.

    If the Carriers are so innocent why did they agree to oversight by the
    State Attorney Generals????

Cingular Wireless Verizon Internet Service Providers